Enterprise Architects are team and project thought leaders at CDW. Enterprise Architects apply their technology vision and consulting experiences to drive successful strategic planning and completion of customer projects. The Enterprise Architect will generally provide these services to support multiple offices within a larger region.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Customer Relationship Development
Cross-Vendor Solutions Development
Vendor Relationship Development
- Sales – provide broad, cross-vendor architectural support to customer and Solutions Architects, review system designs and participate in bid assurance process for solution opportunities. Work with Solution Architects to define solution strategy for cross vendor projects.
- (AND/OR Act as a Subject Matter Expert for cloud end-to-end architecture, including at least one of AWS, Azure, GCP and future providers.
- Customer Relationship Development - conduct technology envisioning sessions, perform technology readiness assessments and project milestone reviews and deliver technical training as required by customers.
- (AND/OR Designs technical solutions not only considering the customer’s infrastructure but also the business limitations and opportunities; operates comfortably beyond standard approaches to satisfy the needs of all stakeholders.)
- Cross-Vendor Solutions Development - collaborate with Technical Architects to identify and validate emerging Advanced Technology opportunities within the region, assist Technical Architects in building standard operating procedures and best practices for cross-vendor implementations.
- (AND/OR Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services)
- Partner Relationship Development – collaborate with Partner resources (Microsoft, AWS, Google, etc.) to identify and validate emerging Advanced Technology opportunities within the region.
- Project Participation -
- Planning – participate in kickoff meetings, build solution implementation roadmaps, collaborate with Project Managers, Technical Leads, and Senior Engineers to ensure successful execution of project plans, as required by customers
- Design – create and/or evaluate technical designs for customer systems, develop test plans, build proof of concepts and participate in design reviews to ensure alignment with customer’s business requirements
- Implementation – lead both first-to-market and large-scale advanced technology pilots, along with cross-vendor engagements to help establish CDW as the first-choice provider of Advanced Technology solutions
- Closure – drive post-project debrief sessions, archive intellectual property and transfer knowledge to Sales, Engineers, Managed Services, Technical Architects, and Practice teams
- Project Escalation - Provide leadership and support to resolve mission–critical customer issues, both technical and customer satisfaction
- Travel Expectation – 25%
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Eight years of large-scale, enterprise-class planning, design, implementation and support experience
- Advanced level technical certifications or equivalent experience - at least one of the following
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- 3+ Years experience within DevOps structure
- Demonstrate an expert level of understanding and experience with at least 1 CI/CD technology
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Project oversight responsibilities, project management and technical leadership, and Engineer mentoring experience
- At least five years of consulting experience
Preferred Areas of expertise
- Hashicorp Tools (Terraform, Consul, Vault, Nomad)
- GitHub Experience
- Experience with CI servers
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Experience working with an Agile team