Bring your IT career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and excited about your job and future. We are an innovative, Fortune 200 leader driving meaningful technological change for customers in virtually every industry. This is an exceptional opportunity to join some of the brightest, best and most diverse technology minds working in IT today.
As a Senior Software Engineer at CDW, you’ll develop business software solutions for complex and large-scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support. As an evangelist for best practices, you will participate in application standards development. In this senior application development role, you will develop customer-facing e-commerce web sites. You will collaborate with business teams to understand business needs, clarify requirements, and develop applications to CDW coding standards and quality. You’ll also technically manage complex and large-scale project efforts to develop, maintain, and enhance business system applications.
What you will do:
Use your keen development skills to support the e-commerce business process through technology solutions.
- Collaborate with developers to determine optimal solution architecture, to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Develop high-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes; detailed design specifications for hardware and software; system test plans to ensure and validate software quality (SQA) assurance standards and business goals; and estimates for projects (resource allocation, timelines, budget).
- Foster open communication with stakeholders and application development managers, including regular status reports. and maintain open and courteous communication.
- Utilize an object-oriented software lifecycle methodology.
What we expect of you:
The organized, creative problem solver we seek is an adept communicator and coach with these qualifications.
- 7+ years in application development, or 5+ years CDW application development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to communicate to effectively and in a constructive manner with customers, coworkers, management and executives.
- Proven knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle.
- Proven analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills with demonstrated negotiation skills and influencing positive outcomes.
- Expertise in object-oriented design and programming techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibilities.
Nice to Have
- Understanding of MongoDB and Azure DevOps.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in the software development process and creative problem-solving skills.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small. A unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers, and problem solvers, we believe when you enjoy what you do and who you do it with, you do your best work. And that means everyone wins.
What you can expect from us:
Award-winning culture and work/life benefits.
- Health, dental and vision coverage, coworker stock purchase program, paid vacation time and sick days, coworker discounts, tuition reimbursement, coworker discounts and other generous perks.
- A learning environment that empowers you to develop your career with comprehensive resources and support, ongoing education and skills-development training, and robust advancement opportunities.
- Awards and recognition include #178 on Fortune 500 list, #81 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work, Fortune’s Future 50, Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality (Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 2020), Best Companies for Women (Fairygodboss, 2019), and Best for Vets Employer (Military Times, 2020).