Where do you want to go in your career? Whatever and wherever that is, you'll find it at CDW. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together—and we always have your back. As a Visual Designer, you'll be trusted to deliver a best-in-class digital experience in an environment that is energetic and collaborative. CDW is a place where we aspire every day to be better than we were yesterday.
As a Visual Designer, you will design, develop and maintain creative designs for CDW websites. In this role, you will translate ideas into a visual look and feel that communicates the CDW brand while considering and applying technical and user needs into final User Interface designs
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design and craft beautiful, functional user interfaces for the CDW platform with conceptual clarity and rigorous attention to detail, whilst establishing our brand signature.
- Partner with Marketing teams within our organization to evolve and apply new design styles and aesthetics for our suite of products.
- Contribute to experience design and delivery through collaboration on research and usability testing activities.
- Translating our brand and platform strategy into the design of first-class visual experiences across multiple platforms, including web, and mobile.
- Contribute to the design process that embraces innovation while holding design accountable to end-user validation, and customer feedback.
- Provide support for recurring production tasks.
- Work effectively with medium size teams, including UX designers, researchers, engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders.
- Build and support pattern libraries/design systems utilizing atomic design principals across projects that span multiple domains while driving consistency.
- Work with software developers to ensure the execution of features with meticulous attention to detail.
- Conceptualize and execute innovative low and high-fidelity UI concepts in a fast-paced environment while always keeping user needs at the forefront.
- Participate in user-centered research with customers through focus groups, usage analysis, and rapid prototyping.
- Work closely with internal development and design teams to ensure flawless integration with back-end technology and a consistent user experience.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of demonstrated experience in visual and interaction design
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in visual and interaction design
Other Required Qualifications
- Working experience in CSS, Interface and Web Application Development
- Demonstrated understanding of HTML
- Advanced knowledge of relevant industry tools including but not limited to XD, Figma, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, and Adobe Experience Manager
- Strong attention to detail and ability to creatively problem solve
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership
- Ability to work effectively with and support the needs of the team
- Proven track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously and negotiating work flow, while meeting deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and concise using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- A knack for gathering, interpreting, and addressing feedback effectively with a high-level of emotional intelligence
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates the depth and breadth of design skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% or as necessary to other CDW locations