This job posting is no longer active
The Legal Operations Analyst supports all aspects of Legal operations. This position is responsible for, daily invoice processing, monitoring of compliance with engagement letters and outside counsel guidelines, interaction with vendors, account reconciliations, financial and operational reporting, quarterly accruals and Legal IT systems, such as eBilling and matter management.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain legal matter management system, including accurate data input, verification of payment related documents to completeness and trend analysis.
- Create/develop and publish department monthly reports and dashboards, legal quarterly accruals and other reports as requested.
- Track metrics.
- Identify, make recommendations for and implement process improvements in reporting analysis and system capabilities.
- Create and publish department monthly reports and dashboards, legal quarterly accruals and other reports as requested.
- Manage all invoice payment processing, expense processing, chargeback processing, account reconciliation, compliance with engagement letters and research payment status as necessary to respond to vendor inquiries.
- Performs work in legal matter management system
- Create and generate ad hoc reports and provide data analysis.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Work directly with practice leads and managing attorneys to better understand their spend, and continually improve reporting
- Analyze billing/invoice rejections and/or deductions, resolve issues, coordinate and process revisions or adjustments
- Use data to drive effective decision-making within legal (data analytics)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of experience in a legal or finance environment.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills with critical attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications.
- Proven ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders including senior management.
- Excellent analytical skills and comfort with multiple data sets, with the ability to draw conclusions and make informed recommendations
- Track record in balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- 2 years of experience with legal matter management systems, ePro and Crystal reports.
- Prior Finance or Accounting experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills.
Job Category: Legal
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%