The Director of Financial Systems is responsible for defining and leading the Financial Systems Program, which manages and supports complex processes and solutions in partnership with Finance and Technology. The Director of Financial Systems will lead the modernization and optimization of the Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) platform and will partner with Finance and IT to support and advance operational, analytical, and digital processes and tools in alignment with strategic objectives. This individual utilizes a broad range of technical and functional expertise to deliver solutions across multiple projects, as well as consultative technical and functional leadership across the organization, from strategic decision making to project planning to governance and oversight. This position will work closely with others to grow their base of knowledge, but also share their knowledge with the business and IT teams via collaborative meetings, documentation, and formal presentations.
This individual applies analytical and problem-solving skills to translate business capabilities and requirements into specific business, application, information, and technology solutions to deliver value to the business. The Director of Financial System is highly collaborative, building relationships and driving communication with key business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborates with leaders across finance and the organization to understand CDW’s vision and strategy to develop a future state roadmap for transformative finance and EPM related initiatives aligned with overall strategic and financial objectives.
- Provide direct oversight for the management and prioritization of EPM projects and milestones by identifying, prioritizing, and implementing critical complex EPM initiatives, while working in close coordination and alignment with the Technology team.
- Builds and develops an agile and capable Financial Systems team that can successfully deliver on defined objectives in alignment with roadmap and vision.
- Works directly with key stakeholders and business partners to drive improvements in core financial processes such as close/consolidations; planning, budgeting and forecasting; and management reporting
- Negotiates and advocates on behalf of the finance organization, setting clear expectations, and gaining support to obtain optimal resources (investment, people, support) internally and externally
- Establishes links between various transformation initiatives and business strategies using methods and approaches such as capability assessment, business/financial analysis, process management and re-design, organizational assessment and stakeholder management
- Support any necessary acquisition integration efforts by assisting with and enhancing playbook activities and repeatable processes for efficient and timely integration of financial data
- Develop robust Financial Systems governance program to provide oversight, guidance, escalation and issue resolution
- Provide guidance on the why and what to ensure program objectives are achieved and stakeholders are aligned
- Foster a continuous improvement mindset to drive change, improve access to critical information and enhance decision support capabilities across finance
- Structures projects for success by establishing scope, resources, schedule, and risk mitigation plans
- Provide thought leadership to ensure program objectives are achieved and stakeholders are aligned
- Acts as a business advisor to the finance leadership team for the technical, process improvement, and organizational design endeavors
- Operates as the Solution Manager within the Agile development cycle to define Epics and User stories and participate in the team planning and review events
- Provides leadership to individuals on team(s) through onboarding, training, coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent
- 15+ years of effectively leading large, complex programs with significant change impact across organizations, preferably in Finance
- 10+ years working in a senior level leadership capacity; mix of corporate and consulting experience is a plus
- Ability to think strategically to develop forward thinking and growth-oriented business solutions
- Deep experience with the design and implementation of technology/tools which enable financial processes
- Experience leading, managing and mentoring colleagues/teams in the delivery and support of financial processes and systems
- Strong change management and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to drive programs independently
- Expert knowledge of financial and strategic planning processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills capable of interfacing effectively with executive management and key stakeholders; must possess team orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizations successfully
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proven record of successful project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage risk and governance for multi-work stream programs
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent