The Platform Engineers at CDWG team with other engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. As a platform engineer, you will be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining scalable and highly available virtual environments utilizing a suite of automation techniques and tools. Your technical expertise will be crucial as you help our valued customers through their most difficult challenges by implementing solutions that are directly related to national defense. Due to the Federally focused nature of this work, the applicant will need to be able to operate within a Department of Defense/Classified environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements.
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements.
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work.
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates.
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval.
- Educate the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life.
- Responsible for design, implementation, and troubleshooting the customer’s endpoint/user environment.
- Experience with automation in an enterprise environment using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC).
- Conduct throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning.
- Participate in various client projects intended to continually improve/upgrade the security posture the client’s user environments.
- Assist in the management of projects using CDWG's project management methodology.
- Work with Professional Services Managers, OEMs, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met.
- Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- 7+ years of experience with engineering, administering, designing, developing, integrating, and automating IT infrastructure platforms, including k8s, Openshift, Docker Swarm, VMware vSphere/VMware Tanzu/VMware Cloud Foundations (VCF).
- Experience with engineering, administering, designing, developing, integrating, and automating IT cloud infrastructure platforms, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience with using version control systems, including Git, SVN, or BitBucket.
- Experience with DevOps implementation using Jenkins, Gitlab, or similar tools.
- Experience with configuration management tools and techniques, including Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt and VMware vRealize Automation.
- Experience with implementing Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Secure Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) within a Department of Defense environment.
- Basic understanding of enterprise technologies covering IP networking, SQL Databases, Windows / Linux Server, Directory Services, Web Servers, and storage.
- DoD 8570 level II IA/T or IA/M certification.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Travel – Up to 75% as needed
Preferred Technical Qualifications
- You are a solution level subject matter expert with broad knowledge across the VMware technology stack and of 3rd party integrated products.
- You are a solution level subject matter expert with regards to operating, maintaining, optimizing, hardening, and expanding the virtual infrastructure to support VMware vRealize Automation, third-party plugins, and API's.
- You have a strong understanding and current working experience with automating solutions and infrastructure with Ansible, Terraform, and VMware vRealize Automation.
- Preferred General Qualifications
- BA or BS degree in the relevant field.
- Currently holds a VMware VCP or higher certification.
- Currently holds a CCNA or higher certification.
- Currently holds a certification that demonstrates technical knowledge with SysOps, DevOps, or equivalent.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.