The Senior Payroll Analyst works closely with other departments in identifying, defining, recommending and implementing process and system changes. The role provides support, guidance, and technical expertise to different stakeholders. This role also takes on special projects to ensure best practices are followed and can see the project through to completion.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support quarterly Tax Update to ensure company and system compliance with employee and employer tax changes. This includes testing, researching and resolving any updates within the system during implementation.
- Collaborate on the development of testing plans and document test results for changes made to payroll systems to ensure compliance and tax rates are updated successfully.
- Preparation of internal and external reports and analysis.
- Maintain adequate internal controls and SOX compliance to ensure controls are operating as designed.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on process improvement opportunities, as well as assessing the potential impact of changes. Shares overall best practices with the finance organization.
- Research, identify and prepare the appropriate state and local documentation to establish new payroll accounts with state and local taxing authorities
- Provide regular updates to the Payroll management team as to the status of new payroll registrations
- Participate in cross functional meetings to understand where new payroll accounts may be required
- Provide regular reporting to key stakeholders as to locations of new payroll accounts
- Audit, research, resolve and monitor coworker tax information to ensure coworker and employer compliance
- Assist in other various Payroll tasks as needed
- Provide feedback and recommendations on process improvement opportunities, as well as assessing the potential impact of changes. Share overall best practices with the payroll organization.
- Documentation of key process and procedures as well as appropriate updates as they occur
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 years of experience with finance or accounting
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Advanced experience with excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, formulas, reporting, etc.) or other tools to manage large amount of data and to provide insights to management.
- Proven project management, planning and organizational skills with the ability to effectively lead tasks and activities.
- Strong creative problem solving and analytical skills.
- PeopleSoft HCM query writing skills.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP).
- 5 years of experience with PeopleSoft HCM.