The Business Development Manager is responsible for accelerating growth within the Financial Services vertical, positioning CDW as a preferred vendor within the segment, leveraging our manufacturer partners, working with our customers to provide solutions that meet their evolving technology demands, and serving as an industry expert to both customers and sellers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Partner with sellers to develop business with high potential organizations
- Participate in discovery of C-level clients’ organization needs
- Contribute to strategic planning process with segment leadership team
- Develop relationships with key organizations and manufacturers to further align CDW to the evolving needs of our Financial Services customers
- Identify trends in customer purchasing patterns and enact specific plans to help sales teams capture a greater share of business
- Provide continuous industry education to sellers
- Represent CDW with relevant associations, and at industry and technology events
- Act as the subject matter expert for customer visits and presentations, customer conference calls and webinars
- Ability to deliver CDW’s value proposition around the support and solutions provided to the Financial Services segment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years customer facing sales/marketing/business development experience in the Financial Services technology marketplace
- Strong customer facing skills with a history of building solid relationships with C-level contacts
- Experience building curriculum and/or teaching
Other Required Qualifications
- Proven ability to influence across all functions of an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration behavior with excellent facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibility.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Approximately 25% travel