This role facilitates training and coaching for new coworkers. This position collaborates with the Sales management
team to implement a first-class onboarding program that supports CDW’s strategies and business goals. This role is
involved in assisting in the design, development, and implementation of training solutions.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Train and facilitate sessions for new coworkers.
- Coach new coworkers to develop and refine required skills.
- Ensure successful daily program execution including; classroom/workshop management, maintenance of all necessary training and development records, testing and measurement processes, self-paced learning, elearning, and partner training.
- Monitor new hire performance, address performance issues, deliver constructive feedback and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with the management team to share best practices and support department initiatives.
- Participate on project teams to design and develop participant and instructional materials.
- Identify opportunities for continuous program improvement and establish business case recommendations for changes.
- Continuously develop facilitation, instructional design, and project management skills based on leading edge concepts.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the learning and development field to ensure that CDW continues to take advantage of best practices.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- • Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- • 3 years’ CDW experience as a seller or 3 years’ experience facilitating sales and technical training
- Demonstrated sales and/or technical ability
- Strong creative problem solving and solution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships cross-functionally.
- Aptitude for new concepts and technologies with the ability to quickly put them into practical use.
- Track record of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Ability to have regular, predictable attendance
- Ability to operate a computer and other equipment in a way that models to others use of that same software, hardware, or equipment
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling
- Ability to understand and follow instructions and guidelines, as well as understand, remember and communicate routine, factual information
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately, loudly, and quickly
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule