Cloud Architects are responsible and accountable for the direction, performance, standards and ongoing health of CDW’s cloud architecture. They are responsible for working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure cloud solutions are optimized for functionality and effectively integrated into CDW’s current technology environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop best practices, procedures and roadmaps for CDW IaaS / PaaS / SaaS solutions.
- Design document and implement new cloud applications and systems.
- Assess emerging technologies, stay abreast of industry trends.
- Optimize cost of cloud solutions by identifying waste and automating cloud cost management.
- Integrate cloud solutions with non-cloud technologies and third-party vendor products/services.
- Serve as the technical mentor and highest internal escalation point for Cloud Support.
- Evangelize cloud architecture guidelines across the organization.
- Ensure cloud engineers align to architecture standards, policies and principles.
- Collaborate with product and platform teams as appropriate to best understand solutioning needs and ensure best practices are leveraged.
- Create proof-of-concept solutions using native cloud provider technologies and demonstrate capabilities to product and platform teams.
- Contribute subject matter knowledge at checkpoints in product / project approval / management.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in Cloud Engineering and/or Architecture Role.
- 3+ years of experience with developing cloud roadmaps, application modernization, and multi-cloud integration architectures.
- Prior experience in design and implementation of infrastructure solutions such as virtualization, network, compute or storage platforms for enterprise workloads.
- Cloud Architect certification such as Azure Solutions Architect or AWS Certified Solutions Architect or related.