As the Associate System Engineer, you will participate in the maintenance, administration and optimization of company server and application infrastructure. You will apply technical knowledge and skills to provide a secure, fault tolerant, scalable and flexible server infrastructure for our operations.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Reply and resolve support cases built within CDW’s systems.
- Build, install, and maintain server hardware and related software.
- Oversee and/or complete repairs of physical and virtual infrastructure. Ensure proper software and firmware patch levels on servers.
- Remediate issues from servers reporting operating system error events and monitor servers for performance bottlenecks.
- Support the management of Active Directory, Domain Name Resolution, Certificates, Distributed File System (DFS), File Services, IIS, and Windows Application server rolls within a virtual and physical architecture.
- Remediate reported issues and communicate effectively with the Technology Service Desk and associated Business Partners.
- Follow CDW’s policies, standard methodologies and guidelines for the server infrastructure. Install, update, and test new and existing application software versions and patch as required.
- Help maintain user documentation for our server infrastructure. Coordinate server implementations for application environments with CDW coworkers and vendors.
- Support CDW coworkers using the various collaboration tools.
- Investigate and troubleshoot various incidents.
- Investigate and report on new features and technologies.
- Patch application and server operating systems with various updates.
- Work off hours and weekends as instructed by the business.
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation schedule.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Intermediate understanding of cloud technologies (Office 365 and Google Workspace).
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to understand, retain, and communicate routine, factual information.
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports and work-related manuals.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Technical certifications associated to the chosen professional track.
- Microsoft MS-900 (Microsoft 365 Fundamentals).
- Microsoft MS-203 (Microsoft 365 Messaging).
- Google Associate Cloud Engineer.
- Google Professional Collaboration Engineer.
- Basic PowerShell scripting.
- Experience with ServiceNow.