The Senior Partner Finance Specialist identifies, collects, reconciles, and analyzes vendor claims relating to rebates, cooperative advertising, sales incentives, funded positions and other vendor partner programs. This position will also interact regularly with Finance, Product & Partner Management, and various vendor partners. This position will manage those partners whose programs are deemed more complex in nature. In addition, these programs generate material vendor funding income and viewed as critical to overall CDW profitability.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- File invoices and claims based on vendor requirements per specified deadline and process.
- Collect and reconcile all open monthly claims with CDW business partners weekly (or monthly as partner protocol dictates).
- Post payments, research and account for overpayments, and claim adjustments via system.
- Process invoices, attachments and write-offs as needed.
- Calculate and/or forecast and accrue rebates based on system reporting and analysis and program requirements accurately.
- Provide Partner Finance and other Finance Management with monthly reporting such as actual vs. Plan/Forecast, accrued vs. actual and other such analysis.
- Create and update Blackline for monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Minimize write-offs via research and dispute resolution wherever possible.
- Identify write-off trends and recommend longer term solutions to mitigate root causes.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and best practices within the claim filling, settlement application and reconciliation areas to improve overall efficiency.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with vendor partners.
- Analyze the financial impact to cash and profitability of assigned vendor rebate programs.
- Monitor receivable balances weekly and proactively work to keep aged past due amounts to a minimum.
- Update appropriate reporting tools and internal systems to match Partner programs.
- Assist FP&A with reporting and reconciling issues as it relates to partner programs.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years professional work experience OR
- High School Diploma and 5 years of professional work experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with strong Excel skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with critical attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Track record of building and maintaining strong working relationships cross functionally and with external stakeholders.
- Strong conflict resolution and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and motivate others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related major (preferably Finance or Accounting)