This job posting is no longer active
The Quality Assurance Analyst - Automation performs testing of CDW’s key applications, using QA testing practices and frameworks. This role is a support role to the test/project lead, but may also work as an individual contributor on a given project. The QA Analyst – Automation is accountable for automated test execution, and may be assigned maintenance, analysis, and buildout work under the guidance and with the support of a Senior QA Analyst. This individual may also implement and refine changes in QA standards and practices, and be accountable for keeping documentation current. The QA Analyst – Automation is expected to provide appropriate and timely status, metrics and communication to stakeholders.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- For test project assignments: Perform analysis of business requirements to ensure they are clear, correct, concise, complete, current, and determine if is the requirement is testable and if it is reasonable to test.
- Create project deliverables as assigned
- Assist in, or be accountable for definition of the testing scope, approach, risks, and assumptions.
- Design, build, maintain, implement/execute, and prioritize test cases.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of the testing portion of the project schedule, and be accountable for reporting time variances against the testing project schedule.
- Execute testing, producing appropriate metrics for functional, manual, or performance testing results
- Report and communicate test status and metrics to project stakeholders.
- Understand how data affects testing and participate in data refreshes as needed
- Participate in the implementation of changes to Software Quality Assurance policies, practices, technologies, and documentation.
- Regularly report project status and metrics.
- Participates in data refresh tasks
- Participates in peer reviews of project deliverables.
- For small and medium sized testing efforts:Provide a technical review of project deliverables including testable/non-testable requirement specifications, functional designs, technical designs and other project documentation to ensure the testability of requirements.
- Work with development and user community to define and develop testing requirements to validate software solutions were built to specifications.
- Create and maintain project testing schedule to track progress and ensures completion of testing within scheduled timeframes.
- Plan, develop, execute and maintain test cases.
- Conduct System Test and User Acceptance Test.
- Provide regular and timely status updates on testing progress including quality metrics.
- Document and report defects within established process and tracking system.
- Manage defects reporting process for project.
- Automate functions, reports, extracts, etc., as assigned.
- Suggest areas of improvement for the Software Quality Assurance processes.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 3 years of full life cycle Software Quality Assurance process experience (requirements analysis, decomposition, test case design and creation, prioritization and risk analysis, test execution, metric reporting, results analysis, and defect identification, reporting, and management, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Successful history as a Quality Assurance test analyst or sub-lead, with demonstrated skills including planning, estimating and prioritizing.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze requirements and create efficiently designed and planned test cases. As well, ability to scale testing efforts to support aggressive agile-like project timelines.
- Proven test design, risk analysis, and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with project managers, application architects, business analysts, developers, and other project stakeholders.
- Proven history of working independently, with minimum supervision.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously, adapting to the changing needs of the business, without missing deadlines.
- Understanding of multiple IT technical platforms, and application development methodologies.
- Familiarity with web/E-Commerce, client/server, and mainframe/green screen application testing and validation processes involving multiple databases and files.
- Possessing strong organizational skills, a natural attention to detail, and excellent time management skills
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours for installations, implementations, and upgrades as needed.
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
- Functional Testing: Proficient in requirements analysis, design, risk analysis, and prioritization skills on medium and large sized software development projects.
- Demonstrated experience with system development life cycle methodologies.
- Have experience with Microsoft Test Management tool (MTM).
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in the creation of frameworks, the definition, execution, and maintenance of automated regression test suites on multiple platforms with multiple browsers and technical requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with automation frameworks, specifically relating to UFT.
- Proficient with Tricentis qTest (ALM).
- Proficient with Tricentis Tosca (UFT).
Job Category: Corporate IT
Job Type: Full-Time