CDW is looking for a Design Manager to join the team and drive innovative design thinking. You will lead a team of UI Product Designers and develop simple and engaging digital products. You are responsible for leading user-centered design activities and developing teams that do Visual Design work related to our digital channels. Additionally, you will work with our Product & Technology partners to understand their projects' design requirements and develop creative solutions for meeting business goals and technical needs that translate insights into highly effective, intuitive design solutions.
You are an obsessed advocate for the customers who use our products as well as the internal stakeholders in CDW's organization. You have a practiced eye for effective design and are committed to creating elegantly simple designs from our unified design system. You excel through innovation, creativity, and attention to detail. You are a proven strategic thinker and collaborator who excels in a large organization. You believe that design is more than how something looks, but also what it is, how it feels and how it functions on multiple devices.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Leads a team of UI Product Designers and educate the design team on the importance of following a User-centered Design process
- Works across various functional groups to understand business and feature requirements while encouraging problem-solving, strategic thinking and customer orientation amongst the team
- Collaborates with Product & Technology teams to understand and address technical possibilities and constraints
- Fostering a culture of innovation and out-of-the-box thinking by attracting, developing and retaining a diverse community of the industry’s most exceptional talent. Contributes to the creation and evolution of design principles, guidelines and patterns that feed the global design system
- Develops their team to achieve results by providing appropriate direction, timely developmental feedback and mentoring, and conducting performance reviews and conversations
- Establishes, evolves and evangelizes design strategy across the company
- Communicates standard methodologies for design and reasoning behind UX decisions to key partners
- Teams up with User Researchers and other UX Designers to maintain consistency across the digital ecosystem and solve cross-application design challenges
- Creates training and career development plans and ensures assignments with growing levels of responsibility are given to team associates for growth opportunities
- Schedule and facilitate meetings and UI¬¬¬ reviews to maximize the team’s time and effectiveness and ensure action items are captured and communicated
- Demonstrated work-experience in helping individuals and organizations understand and embrace the value of Human-Centered Design and Service Design and how to engage
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 4 years of web design experience AND
- 4 years of web design experience of which at least 2 years prior experience designing for a high-volume transactional website
- 2 years people management experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong, in-depth knowledge of User Interface Design principles and processes, Human Factors, Interaction Design guidelines, industry standards and trends, and the product development process; especially in the online (web) and mobile environment (tablet and phone)
- Experience of working within an Agile development environment
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proven track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously and negotiating workflow, while meeting deadlines.
- Portfolio required
- Master’s degree in HCI, design, or a related field
- Familiarity and working knowledge of current design or management tools (Azure DevOps, XD, Figma, Adobe suite) Experience in both agencies and client-side
- Mobile and Responsive Design experience
- Proficient experience with eCommerce websites