CDW’s vision is to be the best national provider of Advanced Technology Solutions. We will achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Advanced Technology Solutions. Senior Consulting Engineers at CDW are smart, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. We are looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, projects and consulting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead and deliver Wireless engagements in the following areas: Validation survey, Design surveys, Troubleshooting, Configuration and Implementation. Analyze business needs and recommend solutions.
- Perform client consultation: plan, implement, and maintain wireless LAN/WAN hardware and software using the latest technology from leading vendors such as Cisco, Aruba, Meraki and Juniper. Assist in designing servers and networks: analyze business needs and recommend solutions.
- Identify and troubleshoot hardware and software technical problems related to LANs/WANs.
- Monitor and control infrastructure performance in the areas of response, throughput, and availability.
- Test LAN/WAN communications and routing products: implement test plans, evaluate test equipment and design test networks, and aid in the development of automated test suites.
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving services’ efficiency and effectiveness, keep abreast of technical aspects of the PC-LAN/WAN computing environment, and develop a working knowledge of client-specific applications.
- Participate in various client projects intended to continually improve/upgrade telecommunications infrastructures.
- Create and execute test plans to meet project requirements for assigned components.
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team.
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work.
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates.
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval.
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Five years of experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
- Minimum 2 years consulting experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience in network engineering, with some experience designing, planning and implementing LANs and WANs using the latest technology; experience must be post-baccalaureate and progressive in nature
- Experience with wireless site survey, network design, and implementation
- Experience with Cisco, Meraki, Aruba (Wireless and ClearPass), Ekahau product lines. Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
- Proven ability to maintain and create technical documentation for the enterprise-level customers
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to demonstrate solid attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Attention to detail on inventory and logistics is important
- Physically able to push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds of equipment. The team lift system must be utilized for loads weighing more than 50 pounds
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% or as needed to other CDW locations or client sites
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
- Minimum of one year experience in programming or analytical work
- CCNA, CCDP, or CCIE, ACMP, ACDP, or ACMX, ACDX certification preferred