CDW’s vision is to be the best national provider of Advanced Technology Solutions. We will achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and bringing CDW Amplified™ Services to market. Consulting Engineers at CDW are smart, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. We are looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, projects and consulting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Actively participate in the planning, design, and implementation of VMware and NetApp solutions and the range of products and productivity tools that support the testing and production of those systems.
- Follow life-cycle oriented processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
- Assist in the management of projects using CDW's project management methodology.
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements.
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements.
- Create and execute test plans to meet project requirements for assigned components.
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team.
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work.
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates.
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval.
- Work with Solution Domain Managers, CEMs, ATAEs, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met.
- Conducts/leads design workshops for complex designs to meet customer, business and technical objectives.
- Proactively develops plans and activities to avoid problems.
- Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life.
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Five years’ experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
- Minimum of two years of consulting experience
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
- Ability to work weekends and/or off-hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
- Proven ability to maintain and create technical documentation for the enterprise-level customers
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to demonstrate solid attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Attention to detail on inventory and logistics is important
- Physically able to push, pull, or lift up to 50 pounds of equipment. The team lift system must be utilized for loads weighing more than 50 pounds
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75% or as needed to other CDW locations or client sites
- Experience with designing virtual infrastructures
- Experience assessing and remediating vSphere deployments
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Current VMware VCP-DCV certification
- Current NetApp StorageGRID Implementation Engineer certification
- Current NetApp ONTAP Implementation Engineer certification
- VCAP-DCV Deploy or VCAP-DCV Design certifications
- VMware HCI Master Specialist certification
- VMware VCF Master Specialist certification
- Hybrid Cloud PS Specialist or Hybrid Cloud PS Professional
- ONTAP Data Protection PS Specialist
- Pure Storage FlashBlade Architect Professional
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect
- AZ-300: Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies
- AZ-301: Microsoft Azure Architect Design
- Located near a major airport
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.