The Principal Field Solution Architect (FSA) role focuses on pre-sales solution design. This role is responsible for working with internal and external sales teams to plan and organize sales strategies. Responsible for closing competitive Hybrid Infrastructure Sales supporting HPE, AMD and CDW sales and presales (FSA, ISA or Partner Specialists). Field based HPE/AMD focused technical consultant with the highest technical and competitive knowledge. Experience working HPE/AMD solutions within verticals, i.e. Finance, Healthcare, Manufacturing, OIL/GAS and/or Government. This coworker is the HPE/AMD technical “go to” when an opportunity needs delivering the differentiating solution value presentation to the customer.
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients.
- Exercises strong independent judgment to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- May provide mentoring and guidance to junior level employees.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support a territory sales strategy (geography and/or market segment) to establish technical credibility and solution awareness within CDW, HPE/AMD and customers.
- Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly sales forecasting and visibility activity by keeping a current pipeline using forecasting tools.
- Respond to sales to pursue and assist in closing first sale of net new customers.
- Provide Why CDW to HPE/AMD Executives, Managers, Sales and Presales.
- Delivers compelling and convincing presentations addressing specific requirements and expectations.
- Effectively links the technical features and functions of company´s solutions with tangible business benefits that meet customer challenges.
- Demonstrates expert technical skills in assigned area of HPE/AMD specialization. Identify key decision makers and drive in closing the first sale.
- Demonstrates expert consultative selling techniques, including active listening, framing, white boarding, storytelling etc.
- Has successfully completed knowledge-based as well as one or more experienced-based industry certifications.
- Strong project management knowledge or experience with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including appropriate due diligence.
- Excellent business and financial acumen, with an understanding of financial return and achievement of business goals.
- Experience participating in solution configurations and the creation of PoCs to meet customer requirements.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Seven-year minimum technical pre-sales or technical architecting experience
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in specific technology
- Stay up to date on products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature, seminars, and online training
- Proven project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Proven success and experience selling technologies solutions and services
- Knowledge and proven success of engaging and working with sales teams
- Ability to execute on territory goals and metrics
- Ability to adapt and change to the business needs of the practice and team coverage model
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including consulting skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others
- Motivated and self-starting
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
- Obtain and maintain relevant industry standard certifications.