The Healthcare Business Development Manager role is responsible for helping to drive CDW revenue and gross profit by working with the Healthcare customers’ C-Suite, and applicable lines of business to fully understand, document and advise them on their Healthcare clinical mobility and collaborations needs. This includes the Mobility workshop and products and services for clinical mobility and collaboration. This role is also responsible for advising CDW innovation teams on new healthcare products, solutions, and services needed to address industry trends and drivers for our customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develops and regularly updates formal opportunity review, including but not limited to strategic account plans, capture strategy, win themes, RFP preparation, gap analysis and strategy to overcome identified obstacles for target opportunities. Presents progress on opportunities and results of efforts to Sales Leaders on a monthly basis.
- Drives incremental revenue and profit growth through contract wins and strategic sales initiatives.
- Analyzes opportunities and provides leadership with various options and the best strategy to secure large program wins.
- Works closely with multiple stakeholders at the customer to influence the final requirements of the target opportunity, including executives, program leads, project leads, technical experts and procurement.
- Identifies trends in customer purchasing patterns and enacts specific plans to help sales teams capture a greater share of business.
- Attends customer onsite meetings, business reviews, and industry days, as needed.
- Drives the strategic Clinical Mobility and Collaboration Customer Centric Solution plan and engagement.
- Works closely with various stakeholders throughout the company including inside sales teams, field sales, sales management, program management, finance, counsel, services team, solution architects, et al. Identifies potential business partners (OEM’s, Primes, Subcontractors, etc.).
- Participates as a subject matter expert in conjunction with sales leaders throughout the proposal process. Secures/prepares certain proposal elements, such as past performance and diverse business inclusion plans, in anticipation of RFP requirements.
- Develops relationships with regional companies and uses those relationships to strengthen CDW’s brand with key customers.
- Represents company at external business networking opportunities, conferences and events.
- Assists Program Management team with contract launch and sales team education for target contracts to maximize sales potential and contract utilization.
- Develops partner-facing business plans to secure advantageous pricing or appointment to contracts.
- Identifies key contract opportunities and maintains a 5-year pipeline. Participates in annual planning sessions.
- Training CDW sellers and sales teams on trends and solutions and mentor CDW Healthcare sellers on messaging to their customers
- Articulates value proposition to partners and customers.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Position Descriptions are subject to change.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- A proven track record of developing a strategy to win and implement clinical mobility and collaboration solutions and services with Healthcare providers
- Strong understanding of the healthcare market and clinical operations
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong strategic planning ability
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven ability to influence across all functions of an organization
- Effective communication skills both oral and written using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Applicant should demonstrate solid attention to detail with a penchant to accuracy
- Demonstrated collaboration behavior with excellent facilitation and negotiation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibility
- 50-70% travel as required
- Master’s degree
- Direct Clinical Experience in a Healthcare Provider Organization
- Wide network of IT manufacturer contacts
- Wide network of Healthcare IT, Nursing and Physician contacts
- Has had direct involvement or leadership roles in Healthcare IT Conference Organizations, such as CHIME and HIMSS.
- Ten or more years’ experience in assessing business drivers and translating them into qualifiable, quantifiable and tactical service solutions for Clinical Mobility and Collaboration.
- Proven track record to enable sellers to promote and sell clinical services in the healthcare market.
- Experience and the ability to create service campaigns that are successful in obtaining new clinical mobility and collaboration based customers.