CDW Corporation is a Fortune 500 company and leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers in the US, UK, and Canada. A CDW Senior Accountant is organized, reliable, knowledgeable of accounting and challenges the status-quo of processes. A successful CDW Senior Accountant is systems savvy and proficient in understanding data feeds amongst several accounting systems. Responsibilities include consolidating the US, Canada, UK, and CDW Group hierarchies, accounting for inter-company transactions, and assisting in the acquisition accounting and integration of CDW's acquisitions.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- General ledger operations including performing account substantiations and preparing journal entries.
- Consolidate the financial results of the CDW Group.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to assist in acquisition accounting and accurate integration of acquired entities.
- Analyze actual results and provide explanations for variances to plan and prior year.
- Perform analysis on the current expected credit losses (CECL) reserve.
- Collaborate among Finance Teams for accounting of debt transactions (refinancing, deferred finance costs, etc.).
- Research and correct inter-company differences among all CDW business units.
- Perform process improvements by developing automation within current processes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to improve business results and processes.
- Independently resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities among the accounting applications.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of inter-company revenues and expenses and balance sheet accounts.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial close and reporting deadlines are met.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Financial audit preparation and cooperation with the audit process.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Reconcile Group Consolidation team-owned accounts.
- Build and foster relationships with international coworkers.
- Peoplesoft (general ledger application)
- HFM (consolidation application)
- Blackline (reconciliation application)
- Allocated Management Reporting (financial reporting application)
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree either in finance or accounting.
- External candidates: 3 years previous accounting or financial audit experience.
- Internal candidates: 2 years CDW accounting or finance experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices.
- Solid technical accounting skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with critical attention to detail.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel.
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and pro-actively problem solve.
- Track record of identifying process improvements and making appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to challenge the status-quo.
- Knowledge of financial accounting and reporting applications (Peoplesoft and Hyperion Financial Management).