The Business Analyst role leads process analysis, business and functional requirements gathering activities, business solution design, and will collaborate with various stakeholders throughout the Managed Services organization. This role also designs, documents, measures and optimizes key business processes. In addition the Business Analyst role will lead activities that focus on business and functional requirements gathering and in-depth data analysis.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Decompose business problems quickly and work with the team to determine the root cause and provide solution alternatives.
- Derive a detailed understanding of the stated business problem and objectives and work with the stakeholder and technical team toward resolution to achieve the objectives.
- Plan and facilitate requirements gathering utilizing focus sessions, one-on-one interviews, and job shadowing.
- Monitor, measure, and provide feedback on process performance.
- Educate business users responsible for managing and operating business processes.
- Perform quantitative & qualitative analysis to help justify the investment necessary to deliver a solution.
- Build credibility and trust across stakeholder groups.
- Gather and prepare supporting analysis and design documentation from a business perspective.
- Assist with alignment of objectives and solutions to organizational business strategies and objectives.
- Develop strong internal relationships with key stakeholders and subject-matter experts across the organization.
- Serve as a conduit/broker for cross-functional collaboration & knowledge sharing.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or an IT related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years experience in identifying and documenting business needs and specifications utilizing business analysis and system design techniques.
- 3 years of work experience in an analytical position
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Demonstrated work experience in process definition including facilitation, process documentation, change control, and process improvement.
- Successful track record of facilitating and leading meetings, tailoring messages to the given audience.
- Experience in evaluating information, identifying risks and opportunities, while possessing creative problem-solving skills with an understanding of business concepts and models.
- Proven elicitation and facilitation skills of project and system requirements.
- Demonstrated negotiation and persuasion skills, with the ability to enable win-win resolutions.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Visio workflow documentation
- Proficient in Project Management fundamentals
- Familiarity with ServiceNow Reporting
- Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma
- ITIL Continual Service Improvement Certification