Key Areas of Responsibility
- Partners with Leadership to align compensation programs with the strategic objectives of the business.
- Manages compensation projects in cooperation with CWS, Legal, IT, and Finance.
- Analyzes compensation data including the building of financial models; identifies trends, draws conclusions and recommends appropriate action.
- Directs team in the development of new plans and maintenance of existing plans.
- Provide compensation review and recommendations to the Executive Committee.
- Develop communications in support of new compensation programs, or modifications to existing plans and programs.
- Leads annual compensation cycles including merit and variable pay reviews.
- Conducts job analysis and evaluation ensuring both internal and external equity and Legal compliance.
- Design and operational lead for all pay programs in purview.
- Stay current with market practices, governance policies and trends, legal and tax regulations.
- Manage programs and/or a team of coworkers through clear communication of goals and expectations.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years' compensation experience.
- Five years Human Resources or Finance experience.
- Three years direct or indirect compensation experience.
- Project management skills - plan, anticipate, proactively deliver.
- Experience with compensation plan design and administration.
- Familiarity with HR systems such as SAP, PeopleSoft and Callidus.
- Thorough understanding of compensation regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
- Strong analytical and spreadsheet skills with critical attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to administer external and internal surveys and interpret survey data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Human Resources
- Seven years compensation experience.
- Two years management experience.
- Consulting and corporate experience.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation and membership in the World at Work.
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP).