The Program Manager oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, leading and controlling program activities while delivering a superior customer experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Program Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Planning the Program:
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in alignment with the organization’s strategy and priorities
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program.
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program.
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
- Support development of department goals and plans, while tracking program success and/or suggesting corrective action based on data
Organizing the Program:
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- Develop forms and records to document program activities.
Leading the Program:
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
- Liaise with other managers and partners to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery.
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Controlling the Program:
- Write reports on the program for management and key stakeholders.
- Ensure that the program operates within the approved budget.
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures.
- Advise the marketing organization on event prioritization and scope in support of CDW's annual planning process and ongoing, real-time decision-making.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to aggregate various qualitative and quantitative data points to inform investment tradeoffs and drive a cohesive, cost-effective strategy.
- Lead strategy and event orchestration for priority CDW events; to include defining objectives, alignment across teams, measurement planning, formulation of contact strategy, content creation facilitation, sales communication and post-event evaluation.
- Elevate and optimize CDW events with continuous improvement of the customer experience that is scalable and enhanced with data analysis.
- Identify and maintain an event playbook to document best practices for orchestration.
- Effective communicator with proven ability to influence and forge strategic relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Manage agency relationships, contract scoping, negotiation and deliverables.
- Develop and manage annual budget and operation plan to support initiatives.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years of Sales and/or Marketing experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology product offerings and solutions
- Proven record of successful project management and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with sales productivity tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the company including Senior Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and conduct primary research
- Experience in developing or utilizing strategic sales campaigns
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining strategic relationships
- Ability to multitask and be adaptable in a fast-changing environment.
- Knowledge of CDW Sales organization and Sales process