The Events team brings marketing strategies and operations to life for the customer by becoming an expert in
effectively executing outbound marketing content, messaging, technology and customer experience. This team aligns
internally to distribute activities in the marketing plan to customers using pre-selected marketing channels. They
oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing,
leading, measuring and controlling program activities while delivering a superior customer experience. This role
collaborates cross-functionally with Sales, Integrated Technology Solutions, Coworker Services, Product & Partner
Management, IT and Marketing in addition to external agencies, vendors and partners.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support the strategy and execution of CDW’s customer experience infrastructure, evolving data management and measurement capabilities and process improvement initiatives to achieve operational excellence in events.
- Work cross-functionally with users to ensure stakeholders are leveraging established best practices to create best in class experiences for customers, partners and coworkers.
- Build, maintain and enhance the suite of tools to manage live CDW event experiences. Drive awareness and education to grow adoption and utilization of the tools by key stakeholders.
- Provide technical expertise and data coupled with knowledge of the business needs to provide recommendations to inform decisions and optimize platforms.
- Create meaningful reporting to inform investment decisions on an event by event basis, as well as the holistic event channel.
- Support large scale process improvement initiatives to achieve operational event excellence, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Create and maintain training curriculum to educate key stakeholders on platform process and measurement capabilities.
- Support cross-functional user groups to facilitate innovative thinking, drive utilization, identify best practices, prioritize and pilot new opportunities
- Interface with vendors to leverage best practices to advance team initiatives.
- Manage annual budget and operating plan to support event operations.
- Influence cross-functional stakeholders and platform users.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 1 year event planning and/or tradeshow planning experience.
- Proven project management experience driving initiatives from concept through completion.
- Ability to take initiative and creatively problem solve.
- History of financial responsibility, contract scoping/negotiation and budget management.
- Record of successful organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage challenging situations and offer valuable solutions.
- Ability to travel between locations as needed.
- Cvent or comparable event management platform.
- Experience evaluating and implementing platform solutions.