The Business Transformation team works closely together and with senior leaders across the company to set strategies, mobilize and drive organization-wide strategic initiatives that enhance business operations or capability building. The Business Transformation team is responsible for leading initiatives characterized as transformational, cross functional, and critical to the success of CDW.
The Director of Business Transformation (BT) leads a dedicated team focused on business and process transformation, continuous improvement, project management, as well as business analysis. The Director President of Business Transformation is also responsible for the delivery management, capacity planning, work assignments, as well as talent management of this team. Primary responsibilities include, leading, managing, and supporting large, complex business transformation initiatives that are highly visible and critical to the business.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead and support a team that drives growth and profitability, cost savings, and business transformation efforts through initiatives that are transformational, cross functional, and critical to the success of CDW.
- Develop, enhance, and influence relationships with business leaders across CDW to secure support and sponsorship for programs prioritized during the annual investment planning cycle.
- Develop, maintain, and prioritize a “pipeline” of opportunities that fall into the following key categories: Productivity Drivers (now), Profit Enhancers (next), and Game Changes (new)
- Oversee and support assessment and analyses of business challenges, process documentation, and design-thinking for scalable execution.
- Develop business cases defined with clear scope, target audience, intended outcomes, quantifiable results, impacts, and rationales.
- Manage and forecast team budgets and resources (labor and non-labor) to plan, build, and run these initiatives; ensuring the effective pairing and brokering of supply (e.g., competencies, bandwidth) and demand (project intake).
- Assemble and deliver ongoing communication to key stakeholders at all levels around the progress and results that the Business Transformation team is driving.
- Coach, develop, and enable a high performing team of cross-functional resources through meaningful talent management and professional development.
- Develop a culture of agility, innovation, and continuous learning to achieve deliverables aligned to target business outcomes.
- Balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Possess superior project management skills including the ability to manage large-scale, complex, cross-functional programs from a people, process and technology perspective.
- Strong business and financial acumen, including the ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex business reports to anticipate and mitigate risks
- Demonstrated team leadership skills; ability to select, develop, engage and stretch team members for exceptional performance and contribution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with, build trust, and present to stakeholders at all levels including executive leadership and the board of directors.
- Superior analytical, strategic planning and problem-solving skills with ability to synthesize and analyze complex data to develop recommendations and solutions; including the ability to break down complex problems into an actionable strategy and convey complex information in a compelling manner.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, with ability to interact professionally with a diverse blend of personalities to influence outcomes and reach resolution.
- Ability to effectively work with new and changing situations, including where there may not always be a readily apparent solution.
- Serve as a change agent, using influence, education and persuasion to build relationships and gain support for complex initiatives and changes.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in business process transformation and process improvement preferred
- Experience with M&A engagements, including change management and financial strategies
- Strong understanding of the B2B marketplace, OEM, and VAR business structures