As a Principal Security Solutions Architect, you will partner with the sales teams to drive Identity and Access Management solutions for all of CDW customers. As the Identity and Access Management Security subject matter expert, you will focus on pre-sales identity security solutions design across all CDW customers and verticals. You will be responsible for working with internal and external sales teams to plan and organize identity security sales strategies. The incumbent analyzes the sales environment including customer expectations, competitive environment as well as the customer's technical environment and define actions to be performed in the sales cycle timeframe.
The Principal Field Solutions Architect - Identity is expected to be subject matter expert in multiple families of solutions, particularly in the Identity Governance, Access Management, Privilege Access Management and Zero Trust space.
The Principal Field Solutions Architect – Identity, takes a lead role in defining, developing, and supporting Identity and Access Management security solutions and new technologies; prepares the team to be successful through proactive training, sharing knowledge, and communicating best practices.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Thought leadership building Identity enablement for sellers and presales architects at scale
- Provide Presales support for Identity related technology offerings
- Deep understanding of core technologies and how they work within a customer’s environment
- Provide solution recommendations for customers around Identity solutions; including MFA, IAM, PAM and Governance solutions
- Provide sales team trainings around the identity solutions from a customer perspective
- Work with peers around SASE/ZTA framework discussions within our Identity solution set
- Services offerings and thought leadership for new partners to onboard in services around identity.
- Create a phased plan for local architects to build and design solutions and statements of work
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with vendor partners.
- Increase awareness of CDW's value proposition within accounts through regular and consistent strategic account planning.
- Demonstrate good teamwork with coworkers and follow the specific directives of the CDW management team.
- Build and manage an opportunity pipeline for CDW's Identity Solutions. Focus on driving and closing Identity and Access Management category and services revenue to achieve the overall Security Solutions revenue and gross profit targets.
- Demonstrate the ability to scope engagements to a high degree of accuracy with appropriate assistance and review from CDW and partner Pre-Sales and post-sales resources.
- Be a primary contact and sales resource for all local CDW Field Account Executives, Advanced Technology Account Executives, Account Managers, Inside Sales Representatives and customers.
- Be knowledgeable (industry expert) about products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services. Maintain credible knowledge of competing technologies and solutions.
- Exceed category revenue and profit goal consistently while attaining high customer satisfaction.
- Exceed services revenue and gross margin targets consistently while attaining high customer satisfaction.
- Acquires deep technical depth in their role; Is the "Go To" person for the solutions, both technically and strategically; is at the forefront of their solutions(s) and the implications for CDW offerings.
- Performs a lead role in executing the "Go-to-Market" for new offerings.
- Enable security architects around the Identity solution set
- Understand CDW services offerings; help develop services quotes for customers as part of a total advanced technology solution.
- Understand client business drivers and needs. Provide input on strategies to drive revenue for solutions and the overall CDW Identity Security Solutions practice.
- Provide management oral and written reports on the client needs, problems, interests, market situation, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
- Conduct presentations online and in-person to existing and prospective clients.
- Conduct client interviews to collect detailed information and to assist in the calculation of TCO and ROI and success criteria/metrics for collaboration opportunities. Present findings to customers.
- Help to create client-facing business development activities, solution adoption roadmaps, case studies, perform demand generation and perform all follow-ups to business development activities.
- Coordinate prospect meetings, teleconferences, and communications.
- Leverage multiple CDW and partner sales channels, including Field Sales Teams.
- Participate in client seminars, conferences and workshops as necessary.
- Participate in alpha, beta, early field trial processes as necessary.
- Understand collaboration market trends, identify gaps and present solutions to close the gap to deliver value-added solutions to maintain customer relevance and instill CDW as the trusted partner.
- Create comprehensive and holistic solutions utilizing CDW and partner resources to deliver unified solution proposals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or ten years or more of IT sales or solution architecture experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge identity security solutions, management consulting and business outcome modeling
- Understanding/experience with at least one of the partners in each Identity discipline: Microsoft, Okta, Cyberark, Centrify, RSA, DUO, Thycotic, Beyond Trust and One Identity.
- Seven Years or more of professional services sales experience
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills including consulting skills
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to present/speak in front of an audiences greater than 50 people.
- Two to three years of successful sales track record with selling Identity and Access Management Security Solutions
- Demonstrated ability to conduct conversations with C-Level individuals as well as lines of business executives where selling solutions are the focus
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong presentations and solutions collateral
- Demonstrated ability to train a portion of company’s sellers regarding Identity Security trends products and services with increased security fluency as a measurement of success