The Vendor Returns Team Lead acts as a key member of the leadership team, working in partnership with Vendor Returns management to ensure departmental processes are followed, team objectives are met and provide regular guidance to team members. The Team Lead will support management in training and development as required, serve as an escalation contact for the team and partners, and work with both internal and external stakeholders to drive business improvements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Train team on best practices, assist in finding solutions to day to day issues, and serve as escalation point with questions or complex situations.
- Review daily aging forms, status of requests, returned product from customers for each specialist.
- Facilitate new coworker onboarding and training related to system or process updates.
- Monitor and report team results to management on a regular basis.
- Build and maintain successful relationships across departments and with our partners, to drive efficiencies and better serve our customers.
- Manage vendor relationships and escalate issues to buyers and management, as necessary.
- Initiate and lead discussions with partners regarding process enhancements and improved collaboration.
- Identify areas for process improvement, make recommendations and implement appropriate changes.
- Present on Vendor Returns matters and train other departments or business units on applicable processes and policies.
- Maintain open communication and effective partnerships with all internal stakeholders cross-functionally.
- Provide CDW stakeholders with the highest level of service.
- Assist in projects related to departmental initiatives and goals.
- Assist team with workload as the business requires.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of experience in Supply Chain or Purchasing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including senior leadership.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proven ability to multitask and balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to display flexibility with the changing needs of the business.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and the ability to create a positive work environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of AS/400.
- Familiarity with the functions of other departments within Operations.