The CDW Corporate Strategy Group develops and drives targeted near- and long-term strategic plans and projects to strengthen CDW’s market position. This team identifies and develops new sources of value across customer segments, technologies, partners, and market offers to accelerate business performance.
The Sr. Analyst of Corporate Strategy - Innovation will support strategic initiatives and corporate business development activities for CDW. This position supports the creation and execution of strategies to move the company forward to the next level of market leadership. This role will require strong research capabilities, analytical firepower, and an innovative and nimble mindset to help develop impactful, data-driven growth initiatives to propel the company forward. This role will work directly with leaders and subject matter experts across the organization to identify and shape nascent growth ideas into scalable market innovations. This role reports to the Director of Corporate Strategy - Innovation.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support the development and execution of new growth opportunities to accelerate CDW business performance.
- Identify potential organic growth opportunities, including in attractive new markets or market adjacencies and new solutions or service offers.
- Conduct primary and secondary research, develop robust market and financial models, and articulate key insights in clear and compelling slideware and write-ups.
- Support the development of an innovation partner ecosystem and strengthen relationships with strategic partners.
- Keep abreast of new technologies, market dynamics, and customer trends and understand the implications to company business and strategy.
- Assist in the buildout of an innovation platform to enable and sustain ongoing innovation, including structures and programs to nurture an Agile mindset throughout the organization.
- Support cross-team initiatives to define and combine specific technology products and services into compelling market solutions which can be scaled across the customer base.
- Provide support to other Corporate Strategy Group initiatives and priorities as needed, including to aid in Business Planning and M&A efforts.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field of study.
- 2-3 years of experience in an analytical role requiring extensive primary and secondary research and data gathering, development of robust models, and presentation of results and recommendations.
- Demonstrated problem-solving capability, including strong conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to articulate findings logically and clearly.
- Strong growth mindset, with insatiable curiosity and a relentless drive to learn and improve.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across company and department boundaries at all levels.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to quickly adapt to the changing needs of the business and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with critical attention to detail.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience working in the Technology industry.
- Prior experience working or conducting research in emerging or fast-growing technology domains, such as AI/ML, IoT, robotics, AR/VR, cybersecurity, quantum computing, and distributed ledger.
- Prior experience in Management Consulting, Strategy and Corporate Development, Venture Capital, or Investment Banking.