Hybrid Cloud Architect - Tech Lead engages with clients and internal teams to provide design and engineering activities for Hybrid Cloud projects and solutions. This role is expected to be a thought leader in the areas of technical solutions provided for our customer. The Tech Lead is also responsible for working with OCTO and Management to align delivery teams on best practices and upskilling engineering resources.
Key areas of responsibility
- Professional services delivery for IGNW/CDW customers globally on major Public Cloud platforms
- Aggregate oversight of technical solutions across multiple projects to ensure synergy in our approach and broad visibility to the solutions delivery team
- Works closely with the O-CTO group for cohesive technical solution approaches focusing on bridging the gap between sales and delivery
- Focuses on technical standardization and opinionated approaches for client solutions
- Assists practice directors with technical growth plans for engineers and architects
- Assists with SOW reviews and approval as needed
- Assists with technical screening for new candidate interviews
- Proficient in automation and orchestration technologies, including but not limited to Hashi Terraform and Ansible.
- Lead technical deployment engineering with customers on workload design on major public cloud vendors
- Proficient in Kubernetes design and implementation
- Provide workshops and training events for customers and industry leaders on emerging technologies in Public Cloud
- Training and Mentoring Engineers to take on Cloud and DevOps projects
- Multi Cloud Consultant - Providing Engineering Services for GCP/Azure/AWS, coordinating engagement strategies, and qualifying technical resource augments
- Performing Billable work at other IGNW clients (Consulting Engagements)
- Presales consulting on occasion for Cloud/DevOps projects
- Reviewing scopes and statements of work for Cloud projects
- Meet Training and certification requirements for selected Vendors (GCP AWS, Azure, Hashicorp, Docker, CKA, Etc)
- Helping IGNW to develop and mature our Cloud Engineering practice areas in response to client needs and market demand
- Travel estimate is 25%
- Internal projects when applicable
Education and/or Experience qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in deployment of private/public cloud solutions
- Knowledge and skill level in identified competencies meet minimum requirements for role
- Previous direct customer consulting experience or equivalent understanding of role responsibilities
- Demonstrated understanding of Terraform/Ansible or equivalent automation technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of public cloud platforms, aware of multi-platform solutions and capabilities
- Highly proficient in at least one public cloud platform
- Demonstrated ability to speak to business value of public cloud solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, must be able to lead client facing conversations to drive success in consulting engagements
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal skills, able to mentor and guide internal engineering and personnel technical development teams
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to multitask, organize and prioritize.
- Ability to apply common sense while engaging with customers and providing solutions.
- Ability to understand and follow complex instructions and guidelines.
- Public Cloud Certification: AWS/GCP/Azure
- Additional technology areas and experience: Python, Cloud platform specific automation tooling, additional scripting languages, additional software development languages, data experience, networking experience
- Previous consulting experience
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.