The CDW Corporate Strategy Group will develop and drive targeted short- and long-term strategic plans and projects
to optimize CDW’s market position and maximize value extraction across technologies, partners, segments, and
competitors. The Manager Strategy drives strategic projects that accelerate business decision making, revenue
growth, and profitability. The coworker researches, analyzes and recommends courses of action that directly
contribute to project outcomes. The Manager Strategy analyzes industry trends, competitive threats, expansion
opportunities and internal performance and develops data-driven insights for delivery to an executive/Board level
audience. The Manager Strategy works collaboratively across various CDW organizations to help secure commitment
for cross-company efforts.
The Strategy Research & Intelligence team is responsible for supporting the broader Corporate Strategy team with
impactful information used in the development and execution of Corporate Strategy Plans and Initiatives. The Team
collaborates with and supports its sister teams in Corporate Strategy--Strategy Planning, Corporate Development and
Strategy Innovation--while also serving as a resource to all CDW coworkers with regards to delivering meaningful
information and insights on technology and products, IT markets, partners, customers and other important trends. The
team leverages relationship with 20+ vendors to collect data, analyze and synthetize the information and produce Clevel
materials to be used for different purposes including Board Meetings, M&As, Strategic Plan Execution, and many
other relevant projects in the Company.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Utilize rigorous analytical approach to develop and implement department-specific and cross-company
• Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and alternatives to drive growth in sales, profitability, and
• Research and prioritize new offerings, new lines of business and opportunities to enhance existing lines of
• Identify and evaluate potential inorganic growth alternatives including mergers, acquisitions, and joint
• Work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, ITS, Finance, and PPM and provide a value-added support role
in their strategic planning process and activities.
• Track the success of strategy implementation through regular reporting (e.g., scorecard).
• Conduct assessment of technology, customer and IT ecosystem trends to identify and prioritize strengths,
weaknesses, and opportunities.
• Assist Executive Leadership in developing alternatives (financial and business) and recommendations to
drive growth in sales, profitability, and productivity.
• Continuously enhance broad knowledge of IT technology and ecosystem to support strategic planning
• Support and communicate on the execution of long-term strategic plan with business leaders.
• Assist in the development of deliverables for annual board or director summit meetings, quarterly.
• Collaborate to develop and deliver presentations and reports to communicate insights and strategies to all
levels of management.
• Support the Corporate Strategy function with high-quality and impactful analyses and research for a wide range
of Strategic assessments, M&As and/or Innovation initiatives.
• Lead and become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on CDW’s Addressable Market, including building
relationships with vendors, developing and updating data models and communicating via regular reports and
consultative presentations internally.
• Provide synthesized reviews using fact-based research and data available on trends, market drivers, new
technologies, market segments, and others.
• Build & provide regular analyses and presentations on global and local economies and end markets and
implications to our business.
• Own CDW’s market share calculations: for specific segments as well as on the corporate level, including
updating (and developing whenever necessary) models and building analysis on top of findings.
• Produce regular reports to support our Strategic Plan execution such as OKRs, IT Market and customer data.
• Create executive level materials that is included in Board of Director’s meetings.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 5 years of experience in Strategy, Finance, Consulting, Sales and/or Marketing or MBA, MA, or PHD
with 2 years of managerial consulting experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Strong analytical skills. Ability to problem solve independently. Able to analyze large volumes of raw data, draw
conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
• Highly detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all
stakeholders including senior leadership.
• Demonstrated experience in leading analytical projects.
• Proven ability to identify areas of opportunity for existing practices/processes and execute appropriate
• History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the
business while meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrated experience navigating ambiguity and working with stakeholders to identify need and deliver
appropriate data and summarized results.
• Demonstrated self-starter with high comfort working in independent capacity with minimal oversight.
• Strong history researching and analyzing various business topics with little information, identify and determine
relevant data sources, and summarize the results in a consumable way.
• Ability to iterate with cross-functional teams to build robust hypothesis on our challenges.
• Previous experience working in management consulting, customer or competitor insights, business intelligence
or market research.
• MBA or Graduate degree in business, information systems, statistics, mathematics, economics, computer
science, and engineering.
• Previous experience leading a team.