The primary focus of the Commissions team is to ensure the accuracy of commissions earned by Sales coworkers as well as the timely payment of those commissions, to assist with monthly closings and account analysis, and to provide quality support through analysis and reporting.
The Commission Analyst calculates commissions earned by coworkers in the Sales organizations and provides front-line support to sales, working cross-functionally to evaluate problems of moderate complexity. This role performs basic payroll reporting and analytics for assigned plans.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Research and respond to inquiries and requests for adjustments from Sales and Finance related to adjustments, invoices, freight, returns, etc.
- Other Responsibilities
- Prepare commission earnings, including calculation and testing system generated calculations to ensure accuracy and reasonableness of commission payments.
- Process automated and manual adjustments as dictated by documented Commission policies.
- Generate reporting and commission statements based upon transactional data
- Contributes to daily, monthly, and quarterly analysis, reporting, and presentations.
- Analysis of data for errors and application of independent judgment to reconcile and resolve.
- Ensure financial close and reporting deadlines are met.
- Monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting and system control procedures
- Perform User Acceptance Testing for Sales Compensation related system implementations and plan changes.
- Research and validate the target incentives and reporting hierarchy for the Sales organization to ensure proper alignment.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and 1 year of Finance, Accounting, Sales Operations, Commissions, Project Management or related experience OR
- HS Diploma and 4 years prior Finance, Accounting, Sales Operations, Commissions, Project Management or related experience.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with coworkers at all levels including senior leadership.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Successful track record of meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, especially Excel.
- Working knowledge or familiarity with AS/400, TrueComp and ChangePoint.
- Bachelor’s degree.