The Professional Service Manager – Partner Services (PSM, Partner) will be responsible for the revenue, profit, and customer experience for services delivered through our partner network. This role will take ownership of the service from the statement of work (SOW) through project completion. The PSM – Partner is expected to manage all aspects of service delivery for our partner network.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Establish and cultivate a solid working relationship with internal and external customers and partners within their assigned segment and service area.
- Accelerate the professional services and relevant development of internal and external customers through coaching, training, and mentoring.
- Collaborate and build a services strategy that is laser focused on customer satisfaction.
- Build and maintain strong strategic relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
- Work effectively with CDW departments throughout the organization.
- Contribute to partner and other service delivery revenue and profit
- Review and sign off on statement of work documents for partner services
- Responsible for the quality of active service partners and partner escalations.
- Lead and provide oversight of strategic initiatives within assigned segment and technology.
- Lead effort to educate sales teams and customers about CDW partner services solutions and capabilities.
- Coach and mentor partners on CDW’s service processes and delivery methodologies and expectations.
- Participate in internal trainings, educating stakeholders on selling services with a prioritization on CDW badge resources when relevant and possible.
- Collect, analyze, and communicate partner data.
- Provide complete, accurate, timely and frequent communication with all stakeholders.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to improve selling and delivering processes.
- Support project escalations.
- Identify gaps in coverage and/or quality in technologies, geography, process, etc. and recommend solution to respective stakeholders.
- Contribute to QBR process.
- Facilitate and collaborate with stakeholders on new partner review.
- Facilitate on-site partner visits.
- Working knowledge of contractual requirements.
- Share Best Partner Practices across Practices and Regions.
- Ensure monthly forecasts are complete, accurate and timely.
- 25% averaged travel
- Participate in service briefings, providing education and information on partner service solutions.
- Own and manage customer loyalty and customer experience.
- Contribute to customer satisfaction via managing the quality of partner network.
- Participate in meetings with top customers/partners when needed.
- Conduct face-to-face/video loyalty meetings for top services partners.
- Provide escalation support for customers and service managers for technology and region of responsibility.
- Establish and cultivate a solid working relationship with vendor partners – Vendor Partner Engineer Managers / Services Managers / Account Teams Educating our partners on our capabilities, working closely with partners on strategic opportunities.
- Establish and cultivate solid working relationship with all internal customers – AT Services Managers, Solutions Teams, Branch Managers, Account Executives, Sales Management and Senior Leadership Team.
- Negotiate contracts and statement of works with CDW legal, CDW customer, and partner base.
Sales Support Responsibilities
- Analyze economic, competitive and industry changes affecting services in their technology and territory and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Regular cadence with Sales and Services Leadership regarding partner pipeline, audits, matrix, introductions, etc.
- Provide overall engagement management for partner engagements.
- Act as subject matter expert on CDW partner services solutions and capabilities and educate sales teams as needed.
- Contribute to services forecasts, budgets and other projections as required.
- Align with Solutions team to ensure overall sales strategy is implemented through Partner Services teams.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or a related field or equivalent experience
- Previous consulting management experience a plus
Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to lead teams; gain consensus
- Must possess excellent communications skills both orally and written with the ability to effectively interact with Stakeholders and various cross functional teams as well as customers
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiative, and creatively problem solve
- History of successfully coordinating complex projects with multiple facets and stakeholders
- Applicant should demonstrate solid attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy
- Knowledge of IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, HP, and EMC products and services
- Experience working with branch vendors and business partners
- Ability to lead and manage to ensure attainment of critical results
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor in a strategic partnership
- Demonstrated proven ability to negotiate effectively and meet business unit sales objectives
- Ability and willingness to travel a minimum of 25% or as needed to other CDW locations or client sites
- 2 – 5 years of experience with Profit and Loss responsibility
- Strong Project and Risk Management skills
- Strong IT background in Advanced Technologies
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of CDW sales and service business units
- Demonstrated ability working with service partners and OEM community