To provide high quality, proactive and cost-effective support to CDW attorneys and legal staff, as well as the Corporate Secretary function. All paralegals work under the direction of an attorney.
Essential Functions (to applicable area of expertise) required outlined below.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain parent and subsidiary corporate record books;
- Compliance with glob al corporate governance requirements;
- Maintain equity ownership files;
- Demonstrated knowledge of equity and debt documents and compliance requirements.
- Draft board and shareholder minutes, consents and resolutions;
- Prepare and file documents for entity formations, amendments, mergers, qualifications, dissolutions, and withdrawals;
- Assist with annual reports and other corporate regulatory filings;
- Coordinate the timing of all filings with the project deadline;
- Assist with proxy and related documents;
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate governance issues.
- Prepare initial drafts of certain corporate and legal documents;
- Prepare drafts of ancillary documents for transactions and special projects;
- Organize and assist on M&A and debt transactions and special projects and prepare and distribute closing documents;
- Prepare, update, distribute and gather quarterly compliance certifications under Sarbanes-Oxley;
- Interface with outside counsel, treasury department and recipients of gifts related to Rule 144 administration;
- Maintain electronic history of CDW stock trade approval, denial and blackout communications;
- Maintain all the calendars and address lists related to the board of directors and executive committee;
- Additional practice area expertise as required.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-7 years’ experience as a paralegal in a corporate or law firm setting with significant experience supporting one or more essential functions of a corporate law department
- Qualified candidates must have high degree of initiative requiring little or no supervision, have great organizational skills, sound judgment and the ability to prioritize assignments, solve problems, and meet deadlines
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Experience drafting legal documents
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player with ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels
- Proven ability to maintain discretion and /or privilege
- Working knowledge of corporate governance issues and company operations