The Senior Manager, M&A Integration, is part of a multi-disciplinary team which is charged with integrating new coworkers, processes, data, technology from acquired companies and/or mergers into the CDW ecosystem successfully. This role serves as an advisor to the business, understanding coworker/ business needs, and translating them into systems configuration, technical enablement, and conversion activities. The senior manager prioritizes the work and is accountable for the quality. The senior manager also collaborates with technical owners to establish standards and improve approach and execution. The Senior Manager, M&A Integration executes on these plans in collaboration with key stakeholders including other product owners to mitigate risk, manage dependencies across the needed systems for quote to cash, procure to pay, and record to forecast. The Sr. Manager, M&A Integration collaborates across a wide range of functions and team members to deliver successful results Also, this role is responsible for creating and maintaining the integration playbook. Additionally, this leader will train CDW generalists for M&A integration leadership roles.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Advises integration business owners and functional teams for the M&A integration initiatives--technical, process improvement, and organizational design--by driving understanding of business processes, IT enablement needs, and identification and resolution of gaps which need to be addressed in order to mitigate risk to business goals.
- Makes decisions, based on integration enablement needs, and then develops and implements configuration, technical enablement, and conversion plans, creating a superior integration experience for new CDW coworkers
- Works to make improvements to approach, standards, and execution in collaboration with product and technical owners across the enterprise.
- Defines and contributes to success by establishing and monitoring scope, resources, schedule, and risk mitigation plans working with acquired company team and integration team.
- Partners, manages and negotiates with internal and external people needed for initiatives.
- Creates and maintains integration playbook, in collaboration with other integration team members, and builds stakeholder/team member onboarding approach/plan
- Champions an adaptable and scalable approach prioritizing process evolution through continuous improvement
- Manages an agile and capable team that can successfully lead and deliver integration as a service
- Provides leadership to individuals on team(s) through onboarding, training, coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years of M&A, business leadership and strategy, or business process improvement experience
- Strong, current technical knowledge of how to establish structure to support successful initiatives including technical development life cycles, process improvement and organization design best practices, and change management strategies
- Strong leadership skills with the ability and proven track record to coach, develop and mentor teams of internal and/or external people. Must have previously managed teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills capable of interfacing effectively with executive management and key stakeholders; must possess team orientation.
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining strategic relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to plan and facilitate information gathering and idea creation.
- Proven record of successful project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Proven successful management of the full life cycle of complex technology/process improvement programs in connection with M&A integration work
- Experience with agile approach to full life cycle custom development of information systems/applications.
- Management consulting experience.