The SCC Supervisor is responsible for establishing operational objectives and work plans to develop, modify, and execute on the delivery and fulfillment of SCC and PSCC goals. The SCC Supervisor serves as a leader within the SCC organization and works closely with many positions within sales and other departments in the company. The Supervisor reports to the SCC Sales Manager, and is directly responsible for a team of coworkers, specifically the SCC-Inbound Team and E-Team, which includes coaching, developing, and performance management. They are also responsible for handling escalated customer situations. Additionally, the Supervisor drives profitable revenue growth through operational management of assigned coworkers. This role also works closely with the SCC Analyst to establish and maintains department standardized reporting methods.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Sales Supervisory Responsibilities for the SCC Inbound Team and E-Chat Team:
Essential Operational Functions for the SCC team:
- Oversee a team of coworkers which includes coaching, development and performance management.
- Drive profitable revenue growth through operational management of the SCC team.
- Meet with coworkers to communicate department and company updates, provide guidance to coworkers and maintain process in place while being able to adapt when necessary.
- Ensure that all processes are followed, communicate with necessary stakeholders and strive to provide customers with the highest level of customer service.
- Oversee SCC team reporting, metrics, and analysis as part of the decision-making process.
- Ensure the integrity of the information prepared and distribution to the department.
- Conduct high-level, complex analyses; compile and interpret statistical, demographic and performance target data; analyze business process and workflow and recommend improvements and enhancements.
- Maintain and distribute various sales related reports on a daily, weekly, monthly basis (when required)
- Provides training or knowledge-sharing, as needed, to the work group.
- Participates in the hiring process, when interviewing and making hiring decisions for new SCC team members
- Develop trusted partnerships with assigned Sales Manager(s) to provide operational delivery support.
- Develop collaborative teaming relationships with internal CDW departments to resolve order issues (e.g. drop ship emergencies, backorder management, bid escalation, etc.)
- Assess and determine impact of decisions related to negative gross margin orders, freight/price adjustment, or product return to ensure profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Provide strategic resolution to escalated customer service issues
- Proactively seek data and provide actionable intelligence to Sales Manager to grow revenue.
- Review month end backorder reports and strategize with Account Managers to determine correct course of action to close deals and ensure business stays with CDW.
- Accountable for resolving Account Manager commission miscalculations.
- Manage utilization of sales programs including leads, and penetration programs.
- Partner with Sales Manager to create solutions if utilization is low and execute to demonstrate profitability.
- Strategize with Sales Managers to build partner and customer relationships to generate business opportunities.
- Assess account assignments to determine areas of potential risk and partner with Sales Manager to propose solutions.
- Partnering with Account Managers and the contract editor team to set strategic pricing structures for customers owned by SCC-AMs
- Serve on “special projects” when the SCC requires representation.
- Provide project management skills to consolidate various needs throughout the SCC to best utilize resources and have one main point of contact.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to complete projects as required.
- Leveraging the key areas of responsibility above, Investigate, modify and streamline current procedures and processes, consolidating overlapping projects, processes and practices.
- Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written, verbal, presentation communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, management, executives, other CDW departments, customers and vendor partners
- Adaptable, ability to lead through change
- Excellent time management skills in order to manage
- Must be able to travel to customer meetings, events and/or other CDW locations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills with a firm understanding of financial concepts and ability to apply them in business analysis situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact and present to all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong creative problem-solving skills.
- Aptitude to learn new operations, policies, procedures and accounting systems and put them into practical use.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and strong work ethic
- Sales Account Manager experience, or SOS experience, preferred.
- Knowledgeable in SPS, AS400, and other CDW based programs.