The Digital Strategy Consultant is responsible for leading the successful service delivery of digital transformation projects. These can take the form of simple assessments/advisory services or complex detailed transformations including business incentives, processes and technology adoption.
The Digital Strategy Consultant leverages their strong consulting and problem solving skills to facilitate the delivery of a digital transformation engagement. Often working with a Technical Project Manager and running the overall strategic discovery sessions and documenting the project outcomes, bringing in key resources as needed to fulfill the mission.
A successful Digital Strategy Consultant is a highly organized problem solver with a consulting background that is capable of maintaining focus across multiple strategic engagements simultaneously.
Key areas of responsibility
- Billable consultant to IGNW/CDW clients working to lead service delivery projects leveraging other IGNW consultants (engineers)
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen and understanding of current business problems in respect to technology.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
- Understanding of current market trends and key business and IT initiatives.
- Understanding of modern technology and patterns/practices relating to digital transformation initiatives. e.g. Public Cloud, Automation, IaC, DevOps, Containers & Microservices, Agile Practices
- Leads end-to-end solution delivery of assigned projects / SoWs
- Ensure assigned projects adhere to quality standards
- Drives innovation and evolution of program and project management methodologies
- Travel estimated up to 25%
- Internal projects as required
Education and/or Experience qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Management / Business Information Systems (MIS/BIS), computer science, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Agile based engineering work management tools such as Atlasian Jira, Azure DevOps Boards, VersionOne or similar
- 10+ years experience in a combination of IT operations or software development roles.
- Experience managing software development or IT operations teams
- Experience building strategic plans, presentations and writing technical documents and roadmaps
- Experience working with and presenting to executive level sponsors
- Previous consulting experience
- Previous experience in program management, product management or a technology executive related role(s)
- An expert in project team management including dynamics of virtual teams, matrix reporting relationships and cross-functional resource identification and allocation