Bring your talent acquisition career and talents to CDW, where you can have a greater impact, be inspired by our mission and be excited about your job and future. We are an innovative Fortune 200 leader driving meaningful technological change for customers in virtually every industry.
In this Manager, Talent Acquisition role, you will be driving the strategy and vision of CDW’s University Recruiting and Internship Program go-to-market strategy to meet our short- and long-term business and talent strategy. You’ll lead a team of Recruiters, Coordinators and Strategists that deliver upon our University Recruiting and Internship Program objectives and proactively collaborates with executives, hiring managers and key stakeholders across the organization.
What you will do:
Be the point-person for CDW globally in all things related to university and graduate recruitment.
- Be a thought leader for our business by providing expertise and guidance around university relations, campus diversity, early engagement programming for the attraction and engagement of early career talent
- Lead the development of a detailed university relations and campus diversity strategy to meet business needs for talent acquisition and oversee the development of innovative strategies that differentiate CDW on campus as an employer of choice for students
- Lead ongoing dialogue with business stakeholders, recruiters, and colleagues to further develop, execute and enhance our university recruiting initiatives
- Partner closely with business professionals to implement the diversity strategy which will cover a range of areas including outreach, metrics, evaluation and communication
- Oversee relationships with college and university career centers, HBCUs and faculty to create recruitment plans, marketing strategies, professional development and retention initiatives
- Analyze progress and results at core schools, identify best practices and develop strategic recommendations
- Strengthen proactive sourcing across the team to attract university and collegiate talent
- Identify and evaluate creative and cost-effective sourcing strategies.
- Manage a team of high-performing coworkers, including performance management, coaching and development
- Assist with annual budget planning and the ongoing monitoring and management of spend within approved financial plans/budgets
What we expect of you:
The hard-working relationship-builder we seek is an adept advisor to the business with these qualifications.
- 5+ years of US recruiting experience, with a combination of in-house and agency experiences, with increasing levels of responsibility and oversight
- 1+ year(s) of leadership or team leadership experience
- Demonstrated core recruiting, program management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and develop others
- Ability to communicate to effectively and in a constructive manner with customers, coworkers, management and executives; Passionate about solving problems and bringing others along the way
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibilities
- Proven analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills with demonstrated negotiation skills and influencing positive outcomes
- Eager to take on new tasks/responsibilities and passion for customer experience, operational excellence and continuous development
- Knowledge of global recruitment best practices across Canada, EMEA and/or APAC
- Be a proficient user of an in-house ATS like Taleo or Jobvite and CRM like Talemetry or Yello
- Comfortable working with and presenting recruitment data and market data, reporting, and analytics – ideally with LinkedIn Talent Insights, EMSI or a similar tool
- Experience managing a geographically remote team or direct report(s)
- Bachelor's Degree
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small. A unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers, and problem solvers, we believe when you enjoy what you do and who you do it with, you do your best work. And that means everyone wins.