The Higher Education Audiovisual Field Solution Architect is responsible for consulting on AV projects and turning customer needs and requirements into deliverables by collaborating with a nation-wide group of managed teams, individual contributors, and partners. This individual’s high-level responsibilities include:
- Designing, creating, and validating Bill of Materials (BoM) for audiovisual solutions that complement learning spaces in Higher Education.
- Assisting the Sales and Business Development teams with system design, drawing, schematics, and presentations
- Maintaining knowledge base of current manufacturers and solutions proposed, provided, and serviced by CDW-G
- Display Technology
- Interactive AV Technology
- Casting & Control Systems
- Video Conferencing & collaboration
- Audio DSP
- Provide oversight, recommendations, and solutions for customer proposals and RFP’s
- Create and follow industry standard documentation policies and procedures
- Provide training and subject matter expertise to stakeholders within the organization, and customers via online and in person meetings
- Three (3) years of design experience in audiovisual design, systems integration or related technology solutions field.
- Experience working at an AV integrator or higher education institution preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of audio, video, and networking technologies
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and schematics
- Perform as an exceptional customer advocate and liaison, and convey technical viewpoints to non-technical stakeholders and customers
- Demonstrated ability to achieve and maintain industry and manufacturer certifications; AVIXA CTS required, CTS-D preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace and AV design software
- Five years (5) years of design experience in audiovisual design, systems integration or a related technology solutions field, experience working at an AV integrator or higher education institution preferred
- CTS-D, CTS-I
Key Measures of Success:
- Audiovisual category growth
- Margin Protection/ growth
- Growth of overall higher education AV projects and engagements
- Customer and team satisfaction
- Solving complex and/or nuanced problems that involve deeply technical as well as operational elements.
- Mentoring both individual contributors and partners to understand their key deliverables in the context of CDWG solutions.
- Active participation in CDWG’s public image as a leader in Higher Education marketplace.
- Cultivating segment leading case studies and references for use in future sales efforts.
- Utilizing best practices from internal and external methodologies and standards to differentiate from competitive solution delivery approaches.