The Senior M&A Data Analyst is part of a multi-disciplinary team which is charged with integrating new coworkers, processes, data, technology from acquired companies and/or mergers into the CDW ecosystem successfully. This role serves as an advisor to the business. They leverage their analytical skillset to understand data and information from CDW, as well as the acquired companies to develop and deliver critical enablement recommendations and solutions. The Sr. M&A Data Analyst focuses on understanding KPIs and key statistical information needed to successfully integrate acquired companies into the CDW Enterprise. The Sr. M&A Data Analyst collaborates with the entire M&A team to ensure that critical objectives are supported. The Sr. M&A Data Analyst also provides thought leadership on ways to improve or reduce friction in data-heavy processes and automation.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Serve as a conduit/broker for cross-functional collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Collaborate with stakeholders to clarify, prioritize and validate project requirements and business objectives
- Perform quantitative & qualitative analysis
- Decompose business problems quickly and work with the project team to determine the root cause and provide solution alternatives.
- Assist with alignment of project objectives and IT solutions to CDW business strategies and objectives.
- Assess existing reports, data sources, business processes and initiatives. Troubleshoot data sources and address questions as identified. Find improvement opportunities and strategies to evolve the current capabilities.
- Present findings and analysis to management and prepare associated trends and graphical illustrations.
- Establish and maintain data governance processes and strategies to minimize data integrity and business risk.
- Validate, research, and audit (external) data sources and internally develop collections to minimize data integrity risk.
- Provides tactical analyses and troubleshooting of both CDW’s and acquiree’s existing reports and data sources.
- Analyze the efficiency and effectiveness of programs and recommend improvements.
- Work with QA team to develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Act as an active contributor to SDLC process improvement by remaining current in software engineering best practices
- Provide creative thinking and new ideas to resolve existing problems.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline (business, statistics, economics, engineering, informatics or an IT related field) + 4 years of work experience in an analytical role with proven experience in delivery of data driven insights, OR
- 8 years of work experience in an analytical role with proven experience in delivery of data driven insights.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience in delivery of data driven insights.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions, strategies, and organizational direction.
- Ability to apply new ideas to resolve existing problems.
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate information, identify risks and opportunities, while possessing creative problem-solving skills with an understanding of business concepts and models.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across company and department boundaries at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software platforms and understand their respective data models
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction and make sound business decisions.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to quickly adapt to the changing needs of the business and meet deadlines