The Accounts Receivable Supervisor manages a team responsible for the collection of a defined portion of CDW’s accounts receivable. In addition, the Accounts Receivable Supervisor ensures that customers are paying invoices in a timely manner while preserving customer relationships and supporting the sales organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage a team of coworkers, including development and coaching.
- Identifies areas of process improvement and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Handles projects with significant complexity, including heavy analysis, identifying and resolving issues.
- Highly analytical and consistently demonstrates creative problem-solving skills.
- Continuously review top owing and past due reporting and prioritize workload for team members.
- Oversee A/R specialists to ensure they work with customers to resolve issues and obtain prompt payment.
- Establish positive working relationships between Customers and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to resolve customer issues (returns, customer service issues, A/R adjustments, sales, etc).
- Collaborates with Sales to meet customer requests.
- Continually evaluates sensitive customer relationships to make sure customer satisfaction is met and builds positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Develops collection methods that consistently lead to achieving or exceeding company financial goals; while handling A/R related problems, anticipating, preventing, identifying and problem solving as necessary.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma (or equivalent experience).
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical skills with critical attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and reconcile complex customer accounts.
- History of building and maintaining strong working relationships cross functionally as well.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little to no direction.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Commercial collection experience.
- AS400 experience.
- Peoplesoft experience.