The Purchasing Specialist is responsible for negotiating, purchasing and maintaining inventory for specific product lines up to $10 million dollars a day. The Purchasing Specialist is required to drive revenue and margin for their product lines in collaboration with their product marketing brand managers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Analysis of sales and seasonal trends to effectively manage inventory in multiple distribution centers.
Successfully negotiate and purchase inventory for individual Sapphire, Gold and Diamond manufacturing lines.
Negotiate Cooperative Advertising with vendors in conjunction with the Marketing Department.
Proactively identify alternative brand suppliers and manufacturers.
Successfully negotiate additional allocation of product.
Accurately set cost to ensure CDW is competitive and products will sell in a timely matter.
Successfully manage inventory for specifically assigned product lines.
Ensure suppliers meet the requirements listed in the service level agreement set by CDW including fill rate, backorder management, lead time, and ETA accuracy.
Effectively manage the relationships with partners and facilitate communication with internal stakeholders.
Some travel required.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology or a Supply Chain related field AND 1 year of relevant experience, OR
- 3 years of Supply Chain Management, Procurement, or Pricing experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels including Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly compute basic math functions.
- Track record of working independently with little direction.