The Head of Intelligent CX is a critical role for the Digital Velocity Solutions (DVS) professional services and pre-sales teams. The DVS team within CDW is responsible for selling and delivering Digital Transformation services to help customers meet business velocity objectives. Including but not limited to Cloud Native solutions, DevOps/SRE patterns and practices, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and software development.
The DVS Intelligent CX Practice is responsible for the strategy, go to market, and professional services delivery in emerging and innovative technologies that directly influence our customer’s ability to deliver next generation customer experiences. With AI and software development practices that are coupled with a deep bench of collaboration experts, the Intelligent CX Practice is able to enable real world CX solutions for our customers that no other partner in the industry can. We lead with a consulting and business analyst led application of AI and natural language processing to customer care solutions such as chat, contact center, and collaboration tools, delivering AI agents and integrations that automate and enhance customer interactions while providing insights into CX operations.
The Intelligent CX Practice also architects and develops solutions on next generation real-time collaboration solutions such as CPaaS and CCaaS platforms. Lastly, the Intelligent CX Practice provides hyperscale voice architecture consulting and development services to the largest Fortune 500 and Service Provider customers in the industry, including service provider scale voice and media operations and self-hosted CPaaS implementations. The Head of Intelligent CX will be responsible for the development, growth, and operations of the Intelligent CX practice. Successful candidates will have a deep understanding of agile software development, emerging CX technologies, and traditional collaboration platforms.
The Head of Intelligent CX is expected to provide expertise, guidance, and career development to the delivery and pre-sales resources within their team. He/she is responsible for overseeing the quality of professional services delivery including: SOW creation and scoping, engineering utilization, and ensurin a high level of execution on customer engagements.
In partnership with the Strategic Go to Market team, the Head of Intelligent CX will define and execute on a go to market plan including ecosystem partnerships, services incubation for emerging technologies, and enablement of the pre-sales and business development teams across the global CDW channel.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Acquires deep technical depth in their role; Is the "Go To" person for the solution, both technically and strategically; is on the forefront of their solution(s) and the implications for CDW offerings.
- Designs technical solutions not only considering the customer’s infrastructure but also the business limitations and opportunities; operates comfortably beyond standard approaches to satisfy the needs of all the stakeholders.
- Consulting on leading edge technologies and possess deep technical knowledge for a mixture of the following:
- Understanding and experience with SaaS natural language and AI solutions such as Google CCAI / Dialogflow, Azure Cognitive Services, and AWS Lex
- Experience with at least one traditional collaboration or contact center platform, such as Cisco Contact Center, Avaya, or Genesys PureCloud
- Familiarity with relevant collaboration protocols such as SIP/RTP, WebRTC, MRCP etc.
- Familiarity with CPaaS platforms such as Twilio, AWS Connect, and SignalWire
- Familiarity with modern CCaaS solutions such as Five9 / Inference, Talkdesk, Nice InContact, or Webex Contact Center
- Knowledge of Google Cloud or other public cloud platform
- Basic understanding of programming, APIs, SDKs and at least 1 scripting language.
- Basic understanding of Agile, DevOps/SRE practices.
- Basic understanding of cloud native software development patterns; pub/sub, microservices, serverless and containers.
- Basic understanding of Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Provides oversight on projects and reviews peer’s designs for quality and accuracy.
- Participates in process improvement activities:
- Ideation of new service engagements to meet market gaps
- Developing Scope of Work (SOW) templates and Level of Effort (LOE) estimates
- Build process delivery documentation, training and/or code frameworks to improve speed and quality of delivery.
- Evangelizes new technologies, processes or patterns and practices internally and externally with customers in the form of webinars or speaking engagements.
- Promotes a culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration with team members through mentorship or building knowledge bases.
- Follows up on implemented solutions and identifies new opportunities that complement the work that was completed.
- Advises team members and sales prior to customer calls and/or sales strategy sessions.
- Delivers presentations and conducts sales conversations with confidence and credibility to C-level clients, both in small meeting and large group formats.
- Develops presentation content for the team
- Guides the development and implementation of pre-sales demonstrations
- Collaborates with Partners, Inside Solution Architects (ISA), and Account Executives (AE) to drive mapped opportunities; fine tunes strategies and approaches to achieve greater sales results.
- Manages competing priorities and sets expectations with sales and other stakeholders through proactive communication, planning, and potential for return on investment.
- Leads the development of Statements of Work, RPFs, RFIs, and proposal content for cross-technology solutions with high levels of accuracy and quality.
- Maintains pre-sales pipeline data, develops plans, and takes actions to move opportunities to closure.
- With the support of Sales Operations and Technical Program Management, monitors the success and execution of each customer engagement
- Interfaces with Sales Operations and Finance to provide visibility to project status and revenue attribution
- Oversees the assignment and utilization of consultants and architects to customer engagements
- Oversees the execution of customer engagements to ensure successful outcomes, and manages customer expectations and satisfaction for their team’s deliverables
- Actively engages in career development and technical development with the consultants and architects within their team
- Maintains a culture of innovation and risk taking
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 year minimum experience in collaboration/CX, cloud engineering, software engineering and/or pre-sales efforts
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in specific technology
- Prior experience managing professional services delivery teams
- GCP or other major cloud platform certification
- Experienced with HashiCorp products and solution suites
- Container & orchestration tools experience such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Software development experience in NodeJS, Go Lang, or Python