The principal software architect is involved in several projects in both pre sales & delivery phases. The PSA helps to define the solution for a client, then aligns the project team to the solution helping them get kicked off and moving in the right direction. The PSA regularly attends client & project team meetings providing direction & coaching, while making sure the project is on track regarding technical scope. The PSA serves as a point of escalation for technical issues for the client & the project team. The PSA solves problems in a way that considers things outside of just the application domain and things of technical problem solutions using cloud tools, external api’s, client knowledge and skill sets, client software & product portfolios as well as technology adoption and deployment roadmaps. The PSA must further consider a clients capability to own a project after deployment and project completion.
Key areas of responsibility
- Design and develop software architecture projects based on customer specifications
- Provide support in developing new product lines and upgrading existing products
- Coordinate with the project development teams in defining project scope and approaches
- Coordinate with the software development team in developing and implementing software applications
- Propose most effective architectural solutions to meet cost, quality and schedule requirements
- Mentor team members when required to ensure quality and productivity
- Work with the project team to design prototypes to validate application functionality.
- Assist Managers in analyzing project requirements and project designs
- Participate in design, code and test plan reviews as needed and provide appropriate recommendations
- Analyze software issues and recommend workaround solutions
- Develop best practices to ensure software functionality, usability, reliability and availability
- Respond to client queries and concerns professionally and build positive customer relationships
- Attend industry conferences, meetings, presentations to represent the company
- Assist in development of design documents, white papers, training documents and software architectural documents
- Conduct regular team meetings and one-on-one sessions to share new ideas
- Speak to clients during the pre sales motion, identifying places where we can help and articulating our approach in a way that best makes sense to the client audience
- Lead client workshop sessions
- Develop content for client workshops, representing our opinion regarding their solution. Lead workshop sessions
Education and/or Experience qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience web application development in a cloud native environment
- 3+ years experience creating software architecture
- Knowledge and skill level in identified competencies meet minimum requirements for role
- Previous direct customer consulting experience or equivalent understanding of role responsibilities
- Experience fully developing automated delivery pipelines, agile delivery and test-driven development
- In-depth knowledge of software design patterns
- Proficient creating hybrid cloud solutions using things like API server, message queues, db’s, file storage, containers, & microservices
- Experience debugging large components with limited assistance and assisting other engineers with debugging
- Experience performing as an expert in all parts of the software lifecycle (e.g., coding, testing, deployment)
- Experience designing and developing practical API contracts, APIs, and abstractions.
- Ability to work directly with business stakeholders, and take ownership of technical communications
- Track record of decisions showing a focus on current and future business priorities, together with fiscal responsibility
- Experience keeping project within scope and efforts are aimed at the outcome defined in the Statement of Work
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.