The CDW Executive Technology Strategist “ETS” provides thought leadership in IT transformation while aligning IT strategies with core business initiatives and processes to better leverage resources and infrastructure in achieving quantifiably tangible results.
The Executive Technology Strategist provides recommendations and strategies for Automated Infrastructure, Practical DevOps, Modern Cloud and Application Modernization. This person illustrates the alignment (or misalignment) between strategic goals and key business decisions regarding products and services; partners and suppliers; organizational requirements and capabilities; and key business and IT initiatives. The ETS works to develop an integrated view of the business by making technical recommendations pertaining to information gleaned from client engagements as well as solve problems by analyzing requirements and evaluating alternatives.
The Executive Technology Strategist provides consultative leadership across the full range of technical aptitudes. The ETS candidate must demonstrate the ability to assess a client’s business drivers for a given initiative and translate them into qualifiable, quantifiable and tactical solutions. This person is able to identify and qualify business development across the organization while evangelizing sales and building a pipeline of both short-term and longer-term opportunities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Act as a consultative strategist for the Integrated Tech Services/Digital Velocity Division.
- Provide consultative support of related opportunities across all geographies.
- Be a key technical advisor consulting on leading edge technologies and possess deep technical knowledge in the following pillars of technology:
- Cloud technologies + Multi-Cloud Strategies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Hybrid IT
- Infrastructure Automated Solutions (IaC, API, SDI)
- DevOps (HashiCorp, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet)
- FullStack Automation
- Application Modernization
- M&A technical competency
- Deliver presentations to clients, potential clients, colleagues, and management.
- Reports on the client needs, problems, interests, current market states, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
- Provides knowledgeable insight on competitive offerings, products, applications, services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services.
- Demonstrate strategic time management and multitasking skills.
- Effectively accelerates opportunity pipeline with predictable business results that exceed revenue targets.
- Build and deliver highly technical documentation outlining: opportunity, discovered data, and recommendations.
- Is able to identify and focus on priorities while appropriately setting expectations with client, colleagues and management.
- Ability to provide thought leadership based on customer requirements and restrictions.
- Excellent communication skills through creative writing, technical writing and oral interactions.
- Strong client service and interpersonal skills.
- Provide a high degree of collaboration with sales personnel. Involve appropriate resources to ensure the successful outcome of engagements and subsequent projects.
- Develop intellectual property (e.g., whitepapers, deliverable templates, solutions, case studies, etc.).
- Participate in project definition, scope, objectives, risks and approach.
- Work closely with CDW engineers to formalize solutions that were discovered in ETS lead workshops.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or computer/technical related field or equivalent experience.
- Deep technical knowledge in the following pillars of technology:
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- M&A technical competency
- Containers & Orchestration
- Ten or more years’ experience in assessing business drivers and translating them into qualifiable, quantifiable and tactical solutions.
- Five or more years’ experience establishing strategic direction.
- This position may require the ability to travel on average of 50%.
Other Required Qualifications
- High degree of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet job requirements.
- Exceptional technical and non-technical communications skills.
- Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications, operating systems, high availability and IT communications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, lead, build teams, work independently, and recommend business strategies.
- Exceptional meeting facilitation skills.
- Excellent creative writing, technical writing, and documentation skills.
- Strong business skills.
- Exceptional leadership and team skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-pressure environments.
- Demonstrates skills in collaboration with virtual teams, cross-functional groups and is able to solve complex problems.
- Experience providing project oversight, management, technical leadership or engineer mentoring.
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Certification in one or more Public Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)