The Accounting Manager manages day-to-day activities that support accounting activities for DVS/CDW
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Acts as liaison between Finance and other departments within the organization.
- Develops and maintains applicable accounting policies and procedures for areas under control.
- Revenue recognition for exception contracts.
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Assist with monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements and reports.
- Investigate variances in balances, versus both prior year and plan.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of accounting or financial audit experience, OR
- Associate’s degree and 3 years of accounting or financial audit experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices with ability to apply them in a business analysis situation.
- Excellent technical accounting skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with critical attention to detail.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel.
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve.
- Track record of identifying process improvements, and making appropriate recommendations.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships cross-functionally.
- Exposure to accounting software (Quickbooks is essential, Peoplesoft).
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of accounting or financial audit experience