The Senior Partner Specialist position is focused on supporting Account Managers with technical presales questions while conducting proactive activities to increase sales. Due to these activities the incumbent will have direct day-to-day contact with the sales force. The Senior Partner Specialist role is also responsible for educating Account Managers on the technologies and resources available to them. The Senior Partner Specialist role is a senior specialist that has the technical knowhow and certifications to take the more challenging sales opportunities. These coworkers are mentors to Partner Specialists in the team and assist on complex opportunities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for answering presales technical questions.
- Educating account managers on the products and resources to help them become as self-sufficient as possible.
- Responsible for reviewing quotes and orders to minimize RMAs and identify potential add-on opportunities.
- Identify tools for increasing Account Manager productivity.
- Obtain relevant industry certifications and attend approved outside trainings.
- Develop sales tools to assist Account Managers in providing solutions to their customers.
- Daily tracking of interactions with an Account Managers, trainings and other time-consuming activities.
- Conduct conference calls and customer presentations as necessary.
- Assist in training of Account Managers.
- Work with other departments at CDW to further relationships with customers, CDW, Partners, and Account Managers.
- Assist Partners with internal marketing efforts at CDW designed to increase sales.
- Concentrate on certain areas of technology driven by partner focus or company technology objectives.
- Mentor and train team members.
- Assist Business Develop Specialists and Solution Architects with complex sales opportunities.
- Maintain and improve daily processes and/or provide feedback to management/partner.
- Maintain relevant partner technical certifications.
Essential Function Time Allocation:
- 50% Sales support via email, conference calls, and customer visits
- 20% Mentoring, assisting teammates and leading team projects
- 10% Vendor meetings/Conference calls
- 10% Execute Marketing plans on the sales floor
- 10% Work with partners' Product Managers
- Work with the CDW Brand Manager on the execution of special marketing programs and sales incentives
- Provide feedback to the PPM groups concerning stocking levels and sales trends
- Bachelor’s degree or 2-yr industry experience in a pre-sales consultation role or equivalent
- 2-yr. minimum experience in Channel Marketing or Channel Sales
- 3-yr minimum experience or a defined type of proficiency with Microsoft Office and computers
- 3-yr minimum in technical sales role or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
- Minimum of two technical sales certifications relevant to this position
- Relevant technical application or operating system certifications (MCP, VCP, etc.)
- Completed relevant manufacturers technical certifications as assigned
- Experience in driving top notch coverage in designated sales region
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others
- Proven group presentations skills
- Motivated and self starting
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
- Concentrate on certain areas of technology driven by partner focus or company technology objectives
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.