Where do you want to go in your career? Whatever and wherever that is, you'll find it at CDW. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together—and we always have your back. As a software engineer, you'll be trusted to do your very best work in an environment that is energetic and collaborative. A place where we aspire every day to be better than we were yesterday.
You’ll develop business software solutions through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support. In this software development role, you will work with lead and senior software engineers to understand business needs, clarify requirements, and develop applications to CDW coding standards and quality. You’ll also collaborate in ascertaining optimal solution architecture, to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
What you will do:
Use your keen development skills to develop applications and business software solutions.
- Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Complete projects on a timely basis (according to commitments made to stakeholders and management), and regularly report status.
- Foster open lines of communication with stakeholders, including senior leadership.
What we expect of you:
The organized developer we seek is an adept interpersonal communicator with these qualifications.
- Demonstrated understanding of object-oriented design and programming techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent practical/knowledge or experience.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in software development process and creative problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle: requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Ability to communicate to effectively and in a constructive manner with customers, coworkers, management and executives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibilities.
Nice to Have
- Understanding of object-oriented design patterns/concepts and experience applying them to software development.
- Understanding of relational database and document database development, as well as experience developing documentation for end users.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small. A unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers, and problem solvers, we believe when you enjoy what you do and who you do it with, you do your best work. And that means everyone wins.
What you can expect from us:
Award-winning culture and work/life benefits.
- Health, dental and vision coverage, coworker stock purchase program, paid vacation time and sick days, coworker discounts, tuition reimbursement, coworker discounts and other generous perks.
- A learning environment that empowers you to develop your career with comprehensive resources and support, ongoing education and skills-development training, and robust advancement opportunities.
- Awards and recognition include #178 on Fortune 500 list, #81 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work, Fortune’s Future 50, Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality (Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 2020), Best Companies for Women (Fairygodboss, 2019), and Best for Vets Employer (Military Times, 2020).