The Business Diversity Market Leader will act as an advocate for supplier diversity within the organization while building relationships with key stakeholders across the company to facilitate achievement of supplier diversity goals. Work closely and collaborate with market sales leadership & Business Development teams as well others in Procurement, Contract Management, Legal, Senior Management, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Council, Sustainability and various business leaders to ensure appropriate identification, qualification, and inclusion of diverse suppliers. ·This leader will facilitate the execution of short- and long-term supplier diversity strategies, goals, objectives, and action plans in support of the company's strategic and annual business plans such as operational efficiency, business growth, and social responsibility.
Key Areas of Responsibility
In Market Leader ; ability to pivot between strategy and operations
Work with Procurement & Strategic Programs to ensure diverse supplier inclusion through strategic sourcing activities
Work with Sales to ensure competitive advantage and contract compliance
Maintain Supplier Diversity intake process including supplier registration and correspondence
Educate our partners and provide appropriate program documentation
Track and report diversity spend against corporate, category and customer goals
Identify and establish business relationships with potential diverse suppliers
Communicate and design messages to increase internal awareness and engagement
Serve as outreach liaison to external organizations and partners, as required
Specific duties include:
Monitor new and existing business, contracts and RFQs in an effort to identify opportunities for diverse suppliers with sales teams
Serve as a subject matter expert and provide guidance and training to sales leadership & teams.
Lead, coordinate and drive efforts to grow existing diverse supplier spend while monitoring underperforming diverse suppliers.
Develop guidelines and processes with suppliers to provide a cadence and ongoing consistency of data gathering and reporting. Provide training as needed for the diverse supply base.
Act as the primary advocate for vendor and supplier diversity within the organization and build relationships internally and externally to educate and facilitate achievement of vendor and supplier diversity goals
Prepare, manage and coordinate execution of various types of contracts and project documentation in a timely manner
Strategic Advisor for Supplier Diversity Leadership
· Work closely with Supplier Diversity Leader and advise on strategic initiatives
· Assess various Supplier Diversity strategies throughout the year
Process Improvement Champion
· Evaluate ways to improve processes to streamline data delivery
· Bring new ideas for process improvement tools to the table (i.e. o365 applications)
· Act as a liaison between the business and Strategic Programs on all supply chain Supplier Diversity projects
· Perform usage analysis of our BI software and provide key findings to Directors and VP’s
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years analyst experience with procurement, supply chain, economics, contract compliance sales analysis, & financial analysis
· Expert-level Excel skills (will be tested)
· Cognos, Pyramid Analytics, or other analytical or business intelligence tool experience
Other Required Qualifications
· Excellent analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze large volumes of raw data, draw conclusions, and develops actionable recommendations.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience effectively presenting to executives (examples of written communication to be provided)
· Strong editorial skills with acute attention to detail (will be tested)
· Strong process improvement skills
· History of balancing multiple time-sensitive priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
· Proven ability to build and maintain strong cross functional relationships
· Self-starter with ability to work independently
· Project management experience
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including MS Project
· Six Sigma Certification
· PMP certification preferred.
· SQL Server Management experience
· Data warehouse experience