The Commissions Analyst calculates commissions, quarterly and annual bonuses earned by coworkers in the DVS organization and analyzes commission and bonus trends. This role also generates and improves reporting of the commission and bonus figures.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Determine earned commissions for Sales coworkers monthly by:
- Preparing commission earnings. Including calculation and testing system generated calculations to ensure accuracy and reasonableness of earnings.
- Preparing bonus earnings, including calculation and testing of system generated calculations to ensure accuracy and reasonableness of earnings.
- Ensuring the commission and bonus payment files are prepared in a timely manner.
- Sharing data with Management to validate the accuracy and completeness of calculations.
- Design and develop analyses to identify drivers and trends of commission and bonus earnings.
- Researching and responding to inquiries and requests for adjustments from the Sales, Delivery and Finance workforces, related to adjustments, invoices, freight, returns, etc.
- Providing support and guidance for other Commission Analyst(s) in processing all adjustments submitted related to shared commissions between departments
- Support payroll in validating commission and bonus plans, draws, and other pay in systems with offers provided
- Identify and participate as a team member in opportunities to improve or automate work that will result in more accurate commission payments and/or reduce the cycle time of commission processes.
- Training Coworkers on compensation plan changes, system changes and/or reporting changes.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years of experience in financial analysis and/or commissions/incentive compensation
- Advanced Excel skills including, but not limited to, creation of pivot tables and formula creation
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills, with the ability to be resourceful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with coworkers at all levels including senior leadership
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to identify areas of process improvement and make appropriate recommendations
- Handle complicated/complex situations and apply documented business policies to solve issues with little supervision
- Ability to prioritize many projects at once
- Working knowledge or familiarity with AS/400, TrueComp and ChangePoint,IBM ICM
- Financial Planning and Analysis knowledge