Let’s change the world together
CDW is building teams that are growing service offerings to our customers. A successful Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE) will immerse in a close-knit group of technology leaders to collaborate with and master complex solutions to business requirements. Hone your learning by partnering with skilled engineers that value your ideas and perspectives. The Program is a meaningful, industry-leading training program for people who have real passion for technology, an aptitude for problem solving, and a drive for customer dedication. Further expand your knowledge, gain hands-on experience with leading-edge technology, while accelerating your career dreams. Upon completion of the program, you will advance into an Engineer Consultant role on CDW’s services team where you will accelerate your career.
What you’ll be doing:
Participate in a best-in-class training program while gaining valuable on-the-job skills. As an Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE), you will be actively involved in technical solving opportunities and assigned to meaningful projects that align to your skill set. Learn from top technology professionals as well as pursue certifications that are incorporated into the program.
ACEs focusing in Software Engineering partner with our lead engineers:
- Take your collaboration to the next level by partnering with technical and business staff of customers following project implementation, leading towards more complex future engagements
- Planning – participate in kick off meetings. Communicate customer information and requirements with the project team. Review Statement of Work (SOW), validating scope and tactical project requirements.
- Design – read design documents and contribute to the development of customer solutions. Participate in joint technology design sessions, providing technical insights to scoping activities.
- Engineering – Use code to design full stack applications aligned with architecture design and user experience documents, to build user interfaces, backends, cloud resources interactions, & deployment automation.
- Contribute to Collaboration team forums and provide feedback/questions to stimulate discussion, intellectual capital and continuous process improvement.
By joining our team, you will partner with industry leading Engineers, Consultants and Technical Architects to help enable your success. CDW is honored by holding the highest level of certifications and accreditations with our partners.
- Authorized to work for CDW in the United States; immigration sponsorship (H-1B, TN, etc.) is not currently available for this position.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- One of the following
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Certificate or diploma in a trade program in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Relevant experience & capability in modern software development, ability to pass a technical screen, complete an extensive code challenge (React front end, NodeJS API server, interaction with Firebase cloud resources), pass a code review of submitted code challenge
- Ability to travel up to 10% (can vary by location)
- Ability to work select weekends and/or after hours when business needs arise
- Experience building applications with cloud native backends
- Experience using git and git repos in a team environment, knowledgeable of Gitflow model
- Experience writing unit tests and end to end tests
- Ability to articulate software engineering concepts in simple to understand terms
- Work as part of team, contributing ideas and feedback to find the best solution