CDW’s vision is to be the best national provider of Advanced Technology Solutions. We’ll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Advanced Technology Solutions. Senior Consulting Engineers at CDW are smart, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. We’re looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, projects and consulting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drive architecture and deliver customer solutions on the platform with a specialized focus on Amazon Platform As a Service capabilities
- Provide consultation and direction on migrating customers current solutions to Amazon Web Services and lead the migration implementation efforts.
- Conduct solution discovery workshops networks, virtual machines, cloud services, web sites, data services, IoT services, etc.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems
- Assist in the management of projects using CDW's project management methodology
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements
- Create and execute test plans to meet project requirements for assigned components
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
- Work with Professional Services Managers, ATAE's, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met
- Conducts/leads design workshops for complex designs to meet customer, business and technical objectives
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Five years’ experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
Other Required Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years of consulting experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the design and development of cloud-native distributed applications that leverage microservice architecture, REST APIs, API Gateways, relational and NoSQL stores and loosely coupled messaging
- Experience with solutions on the AWS cloud platform with a specialized focus on AWS Platform As a Service capabilities including but not limited to: Service Bus, SQL Database, Websites, Mobile Services, Logic Apps, API Apps, API Management, Worker Role, Web Services, Identity (OAuth, AAD)
- Experience with source code repositories, such as: Git & SVN
- Experience/Exposure to AWS platform and cloud offerings including AWS AD, AWS Identity Services, AWS Storage Services, AWS Business Intelligence.
- Minimum 2 yrs of experience using any 2 of the following database technologies SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, or any NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB, Cassandra.Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft SharePoint 2016 , 2013, and SharePoint Server 2010.
- Knowledge of SQL Server with experience in database management and schema development.
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience and/or experience in developing applications using agile methodologies
- 7+ years direct experience in web application development
- Experience with development on PaaS environments or experience in migrating applications to the Cloud
- Experience with, .NET or PowerShell
- DevOps experience
- Mobile Application development experience
- Experience with developing complex SharePoint solutions that include: content types, Web Parts, App Parts, Apps for SharePoint, User Solutions, Farm Solutions, features, Timer Jobs, Application Pages, etc
- Ability to understand, assess and propose solutions for resolving customer questions and issues.
- Proven experience as a technical thought-leader: invents new technologies, applications of technology, or ways to synthesize technologies and domain understanding to forge new market opportunities.
- Proven project oversight responsibilities and mentoring of technical teams/consultants.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective to c-level executives.
- Professional, business-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners and peers. Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.